Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Poetry & Stories
Show your creative writing side to other users.

"Must Haves" when writing.

Posted By:
esergio
esergio
StarStarStarStar
Bad grammar is just... Ugh!

It's been nine months, but I'm back, baby.

Posted By:
Bubblegum332
Bubblegum332
StarStarStarStarStar
smile

Posted By:
-Hidaya. Lock
-Hidaya.
StarStarStarStar

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

Very helpful, thanks!

I don't know if this makes sense, but you're my hallelujah
Give me a time and place, and I'll rendezvous, and I'll fly you to it,
I'll beat you there
boy you know I got you
Us, trust...

Posted By:
Maria Beilschmidt_2247950 Lock
Maria Beilschmidt_2247950
StarStarStarStarStar
WONG GWAMMAH

how how how how how how how how
what how

Posted By:
cowgirl1164 Lock
cowgirl1164
StarStarStar
cool pict.

Posted By:
WildChick1234
WildChick1234
Star
NICE TO KNOW Frustrated lol

Posted By:
Skatebordingisfun
Skatebordingisfun
StarStar
I apologize if these have been posted before (I didn't have time to read through the whole thread), but these are Kurt Vonnegut's "rules" to writing an effective short story: 

“Kurt Vonnegut’s Rules for the Short Story 1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.   2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.   3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.   4. Every sentence must do one of two things–reveal character or advance the action.   5. Start as close to the end as possible.   6. Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them–in order that the reader may see what they are made of.   7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and #### #### to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.   8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.”

I hope those are at least of some help to aspiring writers here on KW. I know they've helped me considerably. Of course, these are really only guidelines. As long as you can belt out a solid story, it doesn't really matter if you break one or two of these. 

i love pokemon my fave is pikapikachu

Posted By:
Pplperson Lock
Pplperson
StarStarStarStar
Thanks it really helps alot to me  smile

Don't follow your dreams; Chase them

Posted By:
Kirami
Kirami
Star
thanks it was extremely helpful!  smile

I'm single and looking. Kinda.

Posted By:
prettycandy1169
prettycandy1169
StarStarStarStar
Well thanks but i have written many many poems before and won loads of prizes because of my skills I love writing poems you know u forgot writing one point! its that u need  IDEAS! suppose the topic is Boat now u need to know first whats a boat, where it is used, its ideas  and rhymes too to make it interesting well u said it correct that we need to involve ppl in it! see my profile i have added a poem which is my creation and im gonna add another one in some days!  smile I love writing poems and i wanna become a famouse poet and author and win a Nobel prize!

-Candy smile

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

latest videos