Back left 6d79ffa2165c70419b5d81367025d889a832b878a14a24f303dd5f6f59a4f2c5
Back right 7131bbac0729874ea35f73598ddf94d2e1f7db07d23b55f12e0a2064353ff6d7
Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

one docter wrote:

'I witnessed a 14 year-old boy with cancer die with his tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth when doctors refused to give him liquids by tube. His death was agonising for him, and for us nurses to watch. This is euthanasia by the backdoor.’

I do not like bad grammar, and there is a high chance of me correcting you.

Yes Stormie-chan is back once again.
Kon'nichiwa, futatabi min'na!
(Hello Agin Everyone!)

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"-Allie-" wrote:

"Storm1232" wrote:

"-Allie-" wrote:

It is horrible. But your talking about a poor country whose BEST hospitals are loosing patients due to fluids they aren't going to give vital fluids to the sick and dying at a hospice. Most doctors do this on parents and staffs orders and pray its quick. Yes, its really sad... But in all honesty thats survival of the fittest in these ugly times.

So because the child is deformed its okay for the parents to let it starve to death? Nope never said that. I'm just stating the faacts. Its not a hopital and its not by accident. I don't like it either.

Frustratedsorry.. I understand, its just I hate stuff like this..

(Hello Agin Everyone!)

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

the un is horible.  there is no excuse for this kind of thing.  You never turn your back on family they way they are.

Me and my Fratello Lovi
Me and Lovi

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"Storm1232" wrote:

"-Allie-" wrote:

"Storm1232" wrote:

"-Allie-" wrote:

It is horrible. But your talking about a poor country whose BEST hospitals are loosing patients due to fluids they aren't going to give vital fluids to the sick and dying at a hospice. Most doctors do this on parents and staffs orders and pray its quick. Yes, its really sad... But in all honesty thats survival of the fittest in these ugly times.

So because the child is deformed its okay for the parents to let it starve to death? Nope never said that. I'm just stating the faacts. Its not a hopital and its not by accident. I don't like it either.
Frustratedsorry.. I understand, its just I hate stuff like this..

its not the right way to deal with this kind of thing though.  you never #### #### family they are your blood.  What they are doing is wrong and horible in every way.   

Me and my Fratello Lovi
Me and Lovi

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

I know, But like I said its not a hospital. Its a hospice. Which usually even here in the states, its where you go if you are terminaly ill. Frotunately here, our hospice's make us comfortable til death. Sounds like this is a drop off for the unwanted.  I see also read many articles while looking this up about perfectly healthy individuals dying in a teaching hospital NOT a hospice due to fluids shortages. Now, we all take for granted that stuff here for granted.

Potato

I Support Equal Rights  

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

Euthanasia needs to be illegal. It's sickening.

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
THEY WISH FOR THEIR BABY TO GO QUICKLY. BUT I KNOW, AS THEY CAN'T, THE UNIQUE HORROR OF WATCHING A CHILD SHRINK AND DIE

Here is an abridged version of one doctor's anonymous testimony, published in the BMJ under the heading: 'How it feels to withdraw feeding from newborn babies'.

The voice on the other end of the phone describes a newborn baby and a lengthy list of unexpected congenital anomalies. I have a growing sense of dread as I listen.

The parents want ‘nothing done’ because they feel that these anomalies are not consistent with a basic human experience. I know that once decisions are made, life support will be withdrawn.

Assuming this baby survives, we will be unable to give feed, and the parents will not want us to use artificial means to do so.

Regrettably, my predictions are correct. I realise as I go to meet the parents that this will be the tenth child for whom I have cared after a decision has been made to forgo medically provided feeding

The mother fidgets in her chair, unable to make eye contact. She dabs at angry tears, stricken. In a soft voice the father begins to tell me about their life, their other children, and their dashed hopes for this child.

He speculates that the list of proposed surgeries and treatments are unfair and will leave his baby facing a future too full of uncertainty.

Like other parents in this predicament, they are now plagued with a terrible type of wishful thinking that they could never have imagined. They wish for their child to die quickly once the feeding and fluids are stopped.

They wish for pneumonia. They wish for no suffering. They wish for no visible changes to their precious baby.

Their wishes, however, are not consistent with my experience. Survival is often much longer than most physicians think; reflecting on my previous patients, the median time from withdrawal of hydration to death was ten days.

Parents and care teams are unprepared for the sometimes severe changes that they will witness in the child’s physical appearance as severe dehydration ensues.

I try to make these matters clear from the outset so that these parents do not make a decision that they will come to regret. I try to prepare them for the coming collective agony that we will undoubtedly share, regardless of their certainty about their decision.

I know, as they cannot, the unique horror of witnessing a child become smaller and shrunken, as the only route out of a life that has become excruciating to the patient or to the parents who love their baby.

I reflect on how sanitised this experience seems within the literature about making this decision.

As a doctor, I struggle with the emotional burden of accompanying the patient and his or her family through this experience, as much as with the philosophical details of it.

Debate at the front lines of healthcare about the morality of taking this decision has remained heated, regardless of what ethical and legal guidelines have to offer.

The parents come to feel that the disaster of their situation is intolerable; they can no longer bear witness to the slow demise of their child.

This increases the burden on the care-givers, without parents at the bedside to direct their child’s care.

Despite involvement from the clinical ethics and spiritual care services, the vacuum of direction leads to divisions within the care team.

It is draining to be the most responsible physician. Everyone is looking to me to preside over and support this process.

I am honest with the nurse when I say it is getting more and more difficult to make my legs walk me on to this unit as the days elapse, that examining the baby is an indescribable mixture of compassion, revulsion, and pain.

Some say withdrawing medically provided hydration and nutrition is akin to withdrawing any other form of life support. Maybe, but that is not how it feels. The one thing that helps me a little is the realisation that this process is necessarily difficult. It needs to be.

To acknowledge that a child’s prospects are so dire, so limited, that we will not or cannot provide artificial nutrition is self selecting for the rarity of the situations in which parents and care teams would ever consider it.

Yeah.. i copy and pasted all that..

(Hello Agin Everyone!)

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

hospis is soposed to take care of you untill you die. not have a ten day prosses that kills you.  the unwanted i know.  Like uslees people who can do a job anymore or never got the chance to live for more than days.  They are still nuthing but horible people #### they have better ways they could have gone about it.  There is no excuse for killing. not now not ever...

Me and my Fratello Lovi
Me and Lovi

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

don't know what the convo is about...all i know is DEATH HOSPITALS ARE SICK

Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"MissBallerinaxoxox" wrote:

Euthanasia needs to be illegal. It's sickening.

Is it not more morally unjust to allow the suffering of an individual even when relief is possible at their behest? 

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
Favourite Gaming YouTube Ch... in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart