x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

Prove to me gay marriage is wrong

1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 16 Next →
Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:






"AlphaT" wrote:




Because, God made Marriage. Civil Union they can do, but when it comes with The Church and God, that's when its wrong.


In your religion. Your religion is but one religion in a country of many. Your religion should not impact people of all religions and none at all. If you see it as against your god to be married to someone of the same gender then by all means, please don't get married to someone of the same gender. But if there are two people who do want to, and their religious views don't conflict with it, then they should be able to. 

And again, the idea of marriage predates the idea of your God. The "one man one woman" marriage does not get any reservation to the term "Marriage". It is but one kind of marriage. There have been many different ideas of what defines a marriage throughout history. And at this point in time, in this country, a man and a man or a woman and a woman should be able to get married under the state. Not God. 
Again, your ability to make lengthily paragraphs should be noted. A. I have no religion, haven't we been through this? B. I think that since mine is truth, and that we are talking about Holy Matrimony since I said they should be able to marry in the legal sense, that we should reserve the right NOT TO MARRY Gay couples in Holy Matrimony. I've told you this sine post 1. Tell me, how can Marriage predate the creator of time itself? kk just making sure that's what you believe. And I agree, if they want to go to a Marriage Mill, or be in civil union, then by all means allow it. But they should not and most likely will not be able to marry whenever they want in a church. Its against our laws, our teachings, and Against God Himself.


A) What do you consider it then, if not religion? Just your opinion?

B) Holy matrimony is up to each individual church. If a church doesn't want to allow gays to get married there, they don't have to. I don't think there's any significant crowd of people pushing for that, and I'm definitely not. 

The idea of marriage doesn't have to predate the creation of time nor the creator, just the religious ideology that establishes time to have a creator. Which, it successfully does. And gays already can get married in a church whenever they want. I'm pretty sure that if they looked they could find one that would marry them. 

Who is "our" in your statement "Its against our laws, our teaching, and Against God Himself."? Are you part of a religion or not? 

Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago


"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:






"AlphaT" wrote:









"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:












"AlphaT" wrote:








Because, God made Marriage. Civil Union they can do, but when it comes with The Church and God, that's when its wrong.


In your religion. Your religion is but one religion in a country of many. Your religion should not impact people of all religions and none at all. If you see it as against your god to be married to someone of the same gender then by all means, please don't get married to someone of the same gender. But if there are two people who do want to, and their religious views don't conflict with it, then they should be able to. 

And again, the idea of marriage predates the idea of your God. The "one man one woman" marriage does not get any reservation to the term "Marriage". It is but one kind of marriage. There have been many different ideas of what defines a marriage throughout history. And at this point in time, in this country, a man and a man or a woman and a woman should be able to get married under the state. Not God. 
Again, your ability to make lengthily paragraphs should be noted. A. I have no religion, haven't we been through this? B. I think that since mine is truth, and that we are talking about Holy Matrimony since I said they should be able to marry in the legal sense, that we should reserve the right NOT TO MARRY Gay couples in Holy Matrimony. I've told you this sine post 1. Tell me, how can Marriage predate the creator of time itself? kk just making sure that's what you believe. And I agree, if they want to go to a Marriage Mill, or be in civil union, then by all means allow it. But they should not and most likely will not be able to marry whenever they want in a church. Its against our laws, our teachings, and Against God Himself.


A) What do you consider it then, if not religion? Just your opinion?

B) Holy matrimony is up to each individual church. If a church doesn't want to allow gays to get married there, they don't have to. I don't think there's any significant crowd of people pushing for that, and I'm definitely not. 

The idea of marriage doesn't have to predate the creation of time nor the creator, just the religious ideology that establishes time to have a creator. Which, it successfully does. And gays already can get married in a church whenever they want. I'm pretty sure that if they looked they could find one that would marry them. 

Who is "our" in your statement "Its against our laws, our teaching, and Against God Himself."? Are you part of a religion or not? 
I think of it as a relationship with God. A Truth if you will. Exactly, my beef is not with Civil Union, I'm against gay marriage in the Church. I say they should have civil union. Look, if God says that Marriage is wrong, and you say Marriage predates our "religion", then it would have to predate God. "Our" is me and The Christians. Not a religion, just a group of people who know the truth and have relationships with God. As the definition says. P.S. By Marriage, I mean any bond that would be like a Regular Marriage. That is way I say only civil union should be allowed, and  Marital Mills. Just don't distort what marriage means, and don't bring it into the church.


Posted By:
puppyluvr00
puppyluvr00
Member since:
April 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 3
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
you know, I'm Catholic... In the Bible, there are a lot of things that don't make sense... most of them are more figurative. God gives us free will, and if someone loves someone of the same gender, they can't help it. Gay marriage is right because those gay people should have a chance of happiness too. Just like how not only Catholics will go to heaven. So long as you live a good life, you will go to heaven... And you're not living a good life if you take away someone's happiness.

Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago


"puppyluvr00" wrote:


you know, I'm Catholic... In the Bible, there are a lot of things that don't make sense... most of them are more figurative. God gives us free will, and if someone loves someone of the same gender, they can't help it. Gay marriage is right because those gay people should have a chance of happiness too. Just like how not only Catholics will go to heaven. So long as you live a good life, you will go to heaven... And you're not living a good life if you take away someone's happiness.
You see, I never got Catholicism. They are so quick to say "This is just figurative". There is no evidence that you are 'made gay'. And no, you have to believe in Jesus as Savior to be able to go to heaven. "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14:6


Posted By:
Ayreon Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Ayreon
Member since:
March 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 121
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"puppyluvr00" wrote:

you know, I'm Catholic... In the Bible, there are a lot of things that don't make sense... most of them are more figurative. God gives us free will, and if someone loves someone of the same gender, they can't help it. Gay marriage is right because those gay people should have a chance of happiness too. Just like how not only Catholics will go to heaven. So long as you live a good life, you will go to heaven... And you're not living a good life if you take away someone's happiness.


So... priests are not going to heaven. They take my happiness when, because of their fault, many human rights are negated to people so their bussiness keeps going.


Posted By:
puppyluvr00
puppyluvr00
Member since:
April 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 3
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago




"AlphaT" wrote:









"puppyluvr00" wrote:






you know, I'm Catholic... In the Bible, there are a lot of things that don't make sense... most of them are more figurative. God gives us free will, and if someone loves someone of the same gender, they can't help it. Gay marriage is right because those gay people should have a chance of happiness too. Just like how not only Catholics will go to heaven. So long as you live a good life, you will go to heaven... And you're not living a good life if you take away someone's happiness.
You see, I never got Catholicism. They are so quick to say "This is just figurative". There is no evidence that you are 'made gay'. 


The thing is... so in the Bible there is the story of Adam and Eve, right? well it says that they had 2 kids... well if only one lived, then how did they have more kids? cuz it also says that it is wrong to get serious with a direct family member. But otherwise, everyone in the world would be Adam and Eve's kid, and Eve would've gone barren.. THink about it for a while

Posted By:
AlphaT_1747988 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
AlphaT_1747988
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11131
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"puppyluvr00" wrote:







"AlphaT" wrote:












"puppyluvr00" wrote:








you know, I'm Catholic... In the Bible, there are a lot of things that don't make sense... most of them are more figurative. God gives us free will, and if someone loves someone of the same gender, they can't help it. Gay marriage is right because those gay people should have a chance of happiness too. Just like how not only Catholics will go to heaven. So long as you live a good life, you will go to heaven... And you're not living a good life if you take away someone's happiness.
You see, I never got Catholicism. They are so quick to say "This is just figurative". There is no evidence that you are 'made gay'. 


The thing is... so in the Bible there is the story of Adam and Eve, right? well it says that they had 2 kids... well if only one lived, then how did they have more kids? cuz it also says that it is wrong to get serious with a direct family member. But otherwise, everyone in the world would be Adam and Eve's kid, and Eve would've gone barren.. THink about it for a while
Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters. Duh. It says that in the Bible.  It does not say it is wrong until Moses. Eve nor no one would have gone barren. Think about it, your genetic pop and rate effect GD's so there would be nothing genetically wrong with us if we did come from Adam and Eve.


Posted By:
puppyluvr00
puppyluvr00
Member since:
April 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 3
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"puppyluvr00" wrote:










"AlphaT" wrote:















"puppyluvr00" wrote:










you know, I'm Catholic... In the Bible, there are a lot of things that don't make sense... most of them are more figurative. God gives us free will, and if someone loves someone of the same gender, they can't help it. Gay marriage is right because those gay people should have a chance of happiness too. Just like how not only Catholics will go to heaven. So long as you live a good life, you will go to heaven... And you're not living a good life if you take away someone's happiness.
You see, I never got Catholicism. They are so quick to say "This is just figurative". There is no evidence that you are 'made gay'. 


The thing is... so in the Bible there is the story of Adam and Eve, right? well it says that they had 2 kids... well if only one lived, then how did they have more kids? cuz it also says that it is wrong to get serious with a direct family member. But otherwise, everyone in the world would be Adam and Eve's kid, and Eve would've gone barren.. THink about it for a while
Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters. Duh. It says that in the Bible.  It does not say it is wrong until Moses. Eve nor no one would have gone barren. Think about it, your genetic pop and rate effect GD's so there would be nothing genetically wrong with us if we did come from Adam and Eve.


but even then, unless God made more people, two siblings would have had to have made kids together. And if it is wrong later, than why wasn't it wrong then?

Posted By:
Jordan
Jordan
Admin
Member since:
April 2008
Status:
Offline

Posts: 489
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
I am not comfortable with this debate continuing.  Hurtful things are being said and will only cause fighting.

I'm Jordan, the Manager at KW! Please let me know if you ever need help or have any questions.


1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 16 Next →

Latest Forum Posts

Throw anything at the user below

Do you think hunting is okay? When? What? ...

Do you think hunting is okay? When? What? ...

The person below me

The person below me

The person below me

Throw anything at the user below

The person below me

The person below me

Count to 60 before a Jr. Mod posts

Latest Videos

Play Online Games