Kw-halloween-logo-small

Dear Dish-It

Style
Need style tips or makeup advice? Have fashion questions? Not sure what to wear or how to wear it? Post your comment here!

Piercing Advice.

Posted By:
classicalmusicisepic
classicalmusicisepic
StarStarStarStarStar
Hi guys. I'm not a professional piercer, (obviously..) but I know how to take care of them, and where to actually get them, the healing processes, hygiene when getting them done, etc.

Getting a piercing.
Getting a piercing is a decision that you make. Not your friends. You decide whether you really want it. Of course, that doesn't mean you disobey your parents. If you're over the age of 18, then great, do whatever you like. But not now. Make sure you always have parental consent getting a piercing.

Where do I get it done?
Never do it at home, in an unsterile environment. Go to a reputable shop. You get what you pay for, (usually)! Avoid Claire's. They usually do these things with a gun, which isn't recommended, and their staff don't usually get much training. Go somewhere where the piercer wears gloves, has a clean surface and area, uses a needle, (to avoid tearing of cartilage) and has a good reputation.

Hygiene.
Hygiene is VERY important when getting a piercing. Do NOT touch it for at least 24 hours, as you can spread bacteria and infection. You can use a number of different methods to keep it clean, from salt soaks to saline solution. For some piercings, you can just use warm water and unscented soap. You can actually overclean a piercing, so just limit your hygiene routine to once a day. 

Healing.
Healing is essential. Different piercings heal differently. Itching is normal, as there is new skin forming there. Sometimes, lymph can form. Lymph is a gross yellow liquid that forms as the healing process goes by. Wipe it away with a cotton swab every day, to prevent crusting. But DO NOT force the crust away. To remove the crust, soak a face cloth or towel in saline solution and just rub very gently. Don't remove the crust with your fingers.

Caring for piercings.
When getting a piercing, keep away from swimming pools, the sea, baths, and other large amounts of water. These places carry bacteria. If you really need to take a bath, clean it first. Also, be careful. Keep your bedding clean, too. It always helps the healing process. Don't force in jewelry, either. It can tear or damage it, and also, make sure to use quality, safe jewelry.

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

bring me the horizon ♥

Piercing Advice.

Posted By:
9bella
9bella
StarStarStarStar
Good  tips

kess

yeah (:

Piercing Advice.

Posted By:
Super-Girl16
Super-Girl16
StarStarStarStarStar
Hey, thanks Cathy, I'll remember those if I ever get piercing done (which will probably be a big NO from my mom, but great tips, anyway Grin)

Window snap.

Let the storm rage on.♥

Piercing Advice.

Posted By:
classicalmusicisepic
classicalmusicisepic
StarStarStarStarStar
^-^ Thanks!

bring me the horizon ♥

Piercing Advice.

Posted By:
ThePurpleMuffin
ThePurpleMuffin
StarStarStarStar
Great advice! I'd never get anything pierced though, I'm too much of a wimp!

Muffin Gif c:

Piercing Advice.

Posted By:
classicalmusicisepic
classicalmusicisepic
StarStarStarStarStar
Hehe, me too! xD 

bring me the horizon ♥

Piercing Advice.

Posted By:
classicalmusicisepic
classicalmusicisepic
StarStarStarStarStar
Any questions?

bring me the horizon ♥

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Favorite artist?

ThE WoRd GaMe

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Its a never ending game!

Describe the profile pic above you

Describe the profile pic above you

latest videos