Kw-logo-smaller

Entertainment

TV Shows
Maybe there are lots of other kids who like your favorites show. Talk to them here about you favorite TV shows.

SpongeBob's Decline In Quality

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar
Does anyone agree with me that SpongeBob is nowhere near as good as it was in Season 1, 2, and 3?  The new writers make the episodes kind of unfunny.  Also, all the characters have gotten really flanderized (look it up on TV Tropes).  Some new episodes from Season 7, 8, 9, and stuff are almost unwatchable ("Pet or Pests" is unwatchable, it's nasty).
What are your thoughts on this?
(I don't really like any Spongebob episodes that came after the movie, but there are a few good ones).

I sell propane and propane accessories

Posted By:
classicalmusicisepic
classicalmusicisepic
StarStarStarStarStar
Agreed, it's not as good as it was

bring me the horizon ♥

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar
Yeah, if you watch an episode from let's say...Season 3.  It's like a completely different show compared to a Season 8 episode. Also, the new episodes rely on gross/disturbing humor for laughs. (Face Freeze is just outright disturbing)

Posted By:
LadyRainicorn
LadyRainicorn
StarStarStarStar
Uh.....YEAH. And they stopped actually drawing the thing. Now they use Flash like everyone else. But the movie is pretty good, too. After that, it goes downhill. And I know why. Stephen Hillenburg, the guy who created it, worked on the show until after the movie. He meant the movie to end the series b/c he was retiring. Nick didn't care and wanted it to keep going b/c it was so popular. So he let a dumb guy take his place. That's when everyone started disliking the show. Yet the channel lets it go on to milk it with the merchandise.

OMG SO INTENSE Lady

It's a Double Rainicorn! Whoa!
Creepy Horse
Look at it.

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar

"LadyRainicorn" wrote:

Uh.....YEAH. And they stopped actually drawing the thing. Now they use Flash like everyone else. But the movie is pretty good, too. After that, it goes downhill. And I know why. Stephen Hillenburg, the guy who created it, worked on the show until after the movie. He meant the movie to end the series b/c he was retiring. Nick didn't care and wanted it to keep going b/c it was so popular. So he let a dumb guy take his place. That's when everyone started disliking the show. Yet the channel lets it go on to milk it with the merchandise.

Actually, SpongeBob isn't made in Flash.  The show is just digitially colored (but it has been since Season 2).  The animation is lifeless and dull now, though.  The animation in the early episodes had more personality and expression.

Posted By:
LadyRainicorn
LadyRainicorn
StarStarStarStar

"AquaGGR" wrote:

"LadyRainicorn" wrote:

Actually, SpongeBob isn't made in Flash.  The show is just digitially colored (but it has been since Season 2).  The animation is lifeless and dull now, though.  The animation in the early episodes had more personality and expression.

OK, but there is a difference. I was almost right. (almost). Either way, art went down too.

OMG SO INTENSE Lady

It's a Double Rainicorn! Whoa!
Creepy Horse
Look at it.

Posted By:
Asdenoah
Asdenoah
StarStarStarStar
Yeah, the new episodes will never beat the old ones. The old ones had so much more funnier moments and legendary quotes xD 
But I'm glad they put old Spongebob episodes to watch in the morning when I'm getting ready for school Big Grin

R.I.P. Rikki Tanaka.
1/1/96 - 10/3/13
♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Posted By:
Evea
Evea
StarStarStarStar
I agree, I don't like the disgusting humour but it's not like I wait for new episodes anyways. I only watch repeats every now and then whenever it's on and I'm really bored. 

sig

Posted By:
RawrImacat
RawrImacat
StarStarStarStarStar
It's sad now. It's just sad.

Me in any public/social situation:

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar
Yeah. Spongebob was definitely funnier in the '90's and '00. Now it's like, they aren't even trying. And they probably aren't. They are probably thinking that they have all the popularity they needed so now they can relax and do what they want and get their views and money. People and companies do that commonly. Not everybody but, most of them.

Destiny Concept Art

★ Become Legend★

← Previous 1 3

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

ThE WoRd GaMe

Forum Chat :)

Post a Number with your eyes closed

MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

SLEEPOVER TONIGHT!!!!!

ThE WoRd GaMe

latest videos