Kw-logo-smaller

Sports

Xtreme Sports
For those who like something a bit out of the ordinary. No diamonds, no line markers, no nets. Just you.

how to do a kickflip on a skateboard! by tita216

Posted By:
tita216 Lock
tita216
StarStarStarStar
tell me what yall think about it afterwardz!

The basic kickflip - turning over the board while doing an ollie - is an essential skill for any self-respecting rider.

Steps:
1. Set your feet up like you would for an ollie.

2. Place the ball of your front foot toward the middle of the board and slightly below the front bolts.

3. Hit your tail as you would for an ollie, but instead of dragging your front foot up the board, drag it toward the side of the board with a flicking motion. The faster the flick, the faster the flip. It''s all in the ankle.

4. Stay over the board as you are jumping and the board is flipping xit''s important not to push down on the board once you''re up so that it can continue to rise).

5. Let the board hit your back foot once it has flipped completely. This is called catching the flip. Your front foot should not be far behind in getting back on the board, but the back foot usually catches it first. This allows you to control the trick on the way down.

6. Land with your feet as close to the bolts as possible.

7. Do another one.

Tips:
The harder you flick, the faster the flip will be, and the higher the trick will go.

Overall Warnings:
Skateboarding is an inherently dangerous activity that can result in serious injury or death. We recommend that you seek proper training and equipment before attempting this activity.

everyone loves a new york city girl! aka ME!

Posted By:
skaterperson22 Lock
skaterperson22
Star
well to tell you the truth this sucked next time read this Ok, first of all you have to have your kickflips consistant, and have to have a clean, high ollie.

Then you should start thinking about getting height on your kickflips and ''catching'' them in the air.

This will take a lot of time, and a lot of practice, so you will have to be patient. However, if you''re not making any progress, you''re eitherx not committing, or, you have the wrong technique alltogether xtry a different foot position or something.

Foot Placement

I find that foot placement doesnt really matter that much, it''s different for a lot of people, so just try out different ones and see what works best for you. As long as it''s comfortable, you can get height, and you can get a good rotation, it''s fine.

Crouching and Popping the board

When you crouch, make sure your have balance xif you don''t have balance when you pop, you won''t land clean). Keep your weight centred over the board and SNAP the tail down, JUMP, and suck your legs xespecially your back foot) out of the way xthe front foot will be out in front or to the side of the board)

''Flicking'' the board

To catch the board, you will need to develop a flick of the corner of the nose. This will make the board suck up to your feet. Drag up the board xalmost vertically, to allow the board to gain height) with your toes pointing down, and then flick your toes UP and slightly out.

Catching the board

This is not difficult, it''s all about timing, after that it will come naturally. If your flicking is good, you will catch the board at the peak. You will know when this happens, as you will feel the board slap up to your feet, and you will feel the hangtime afterwards.

Body position

There are 2 main pointsx

- Don''t turn your shoulders xit does not matter how you have them at the start, as long as you keep them in the same position in the air - some people have them inline with the board, some slightly slanted to face the way they are riding. Personally i prefer having them inline with the board)

- Stay over the board at all times. xkeep your weight centred) You will need to jump forward slightly too. If you are landing on your toes or heels, then your need to stay over the board more

Posted By:
tita216 Lock
tita216
StarStarStarStar
well i dont care. practice and mind makes things perfect so if u got anymore bad comments then just do what u did . yea. thats right copy and paste what i wrote and fix it yourself cuz im not wasting my time to doing it .

Posted By:
tita216 Lock
tita216
StarStarStarStar
well as u said not everything is done the same way i just wrote it how i do it .

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

Ferguson

Ferguson

Ferguson

Favorite Cold Drink?

Ferguson

Ferguson

latest videos