The basic kickflip - turning over the board while doing an ollie - is an essential skill for any self-respecting rider.
1. Set your feet up like you would for an ollie.
2. Place the ball of your front foot toward the middle of the board and slightly below the front bolts.
3. Hit your tail as you would for an ollie, but instead of dragging your front foot up the board, drag it toward the side of the board with a flicking motion. The faster the flick, the faster the flip. It''s all in the ankle.
4. Stay over the board as you are jumping and the board is flipping xit''s important not to push down on the board once you''re up so that it can continue to rise).
5. Let the board hit your back foot once it has flipped completely. This is called catching the flip. Your front foot should not be far behind in getting back on the board, but the back foot usually catches it first. This allows you to control the trick on the way down.
6. Land with your feet as close to the bolts as possible.
7. Do another one.
The harder you flick, the faster the flip will be, and the higher the trick will go.
Skateboarding is an inherently dangerous activity that can result in serious injury or death. We recommend that you seek proper training and equipment before attempting this activity.
everyone loves a new york city girl! aka ME!