Cara-Beth Burnside Biography
Birthdate: July 23, 1968
Birthplace: Orange, California
Cara-Beth Burnside was one of the first extreme female athletes. For the past two decades, she has made a name for herself as one of the best female snowboarders and skateboarders is the world! We take a look at this legend's career!
Cara-Beth Burnside started skateboarding at the age of 10. Every day, she would practice her tricks for six to seven hours! When she was 23, Cara-Beth started competing professionally against men. Throughout the years, she has won two X Games gold medals, five Vans Triple Crown titles and four All Girls Skate Jam titles. At the age of 35, Cara-Beth was named Transworld Magazine's Female Skateboarder of the Year.
On the Slopes
When Cara-Beth started snowboarding in the early '90s, people suggested she stick to skateboarding. This motivated Cara-Beth to work harder on her snowboarding skills. The hard work paid off as she was ranked second in the world by 1995. She competed in the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics and regularly placed in the top five at the Winter X Games.
Cara-Beth Burnside opened up the door for a lot of female extreme athletes. She has earned various endorsement deals with companies such as Vans, Hurley and Independent. Cara-Beth was also the first female skater to have her own signature shoe. But more importantly than shoe deals, Cara-Beth proved that girls can comptete in sports that were once thought of as too extreme and dangerous for them.
Did U Know?
- Cara-Beth Burnside has a brown belt in karate.
- Cara-Beth Burnside went to UC-Davis on a soccer scholarship.
- Cara-Beth Burnside's nickname is "CB".
- Cara-Beth Burnside has suffered five concussions and has broken her collarbone.
- Cara-Beth Burnside's hobbies include surfing and reading.
- Cara-Beth Burnside's biggest pet peeve is when people litter.
Cara Beth Burnside Says...
"It's nice to have a handful of girls out there who are charging and learning new tricks, it's motivating for me; I like being around that. It hasn't been around for very long."
- Shaun White Biography Biography
- Shaw Family Biography
- World's Best Snowboard Half-Pipes
- More Action Sports Articles!