Quiz the Coach - I Need Motivation!
Quiz the Coach for free coaching tips, sports and fitness advice, running drills, motivation techniques and other health stuff for kids. - Page 1
So ya dig sports but need some help with your game? Don't understand some of the rules of football, basketball or hockey? Got a gripe about P.E. class, skateboarders, cheerleading, coaches, or anything? Why not ?
I really like running and it helps me get into shape fast. I just have one problem - motivating myself to run. Once I start running a couple days a week, it gets addictive but I can't get myself to start running those first couple of days. Do you have any ideas to get me running?
The first days of any new exercise program are always the hardest - especially if you haven't been working out or exercising for a while. Here's a few ideas to get you motivated and back into that addictive running groove.
- Run with a friend. You and your running partner can help motivate each other and persuade each other to go running on those days when your motivation is low. Running with a friend is also safer and it can make your run a little less boring. As well, talking while running burns more calories and is a better workout than running by yourself.
- Bring your tunes. Listening to your favorite music will make your run more enjoyable and a good set of high-energy run tunes can give you some extra motivation during your run as well.
- Choose a good route. Run down your favorite street, through a nice park or by the house of your secret crush (he may spot you running and decide to join you). Find a running route you enjoy and you'll be more motivated to go running.
- Turn your run into an adventure game or scavenger hunt. Pick a few easy-to-find light-weight objects, such as a small rock or a leaf, and make it your goal to collect all these items on your run. This will add some variety to your run and make it less monotonous (boring).
- It's easy to get motivated to do something that you find fun. If you have a hard time getting motivated to run, find some other activities that you really enjoy, such as playing soccer, dancing or skateboarding, and make them part of your exercise routine.
Do you need tips or advice on sports, fitness or health? to the Kidzworld Coach. Keep in mind peeps, the Kidzworld Coach isn't a doctor or a professional athlete or anything like that. He's just a dude who digs sports, plays 'em and knows a lot about 'em. You should always talk to your 'rents, a doctor or your school gym teacher before starting a new sport or a new exercise.
- Quiz the Coach - Track Season Is Coming
- Quiz the Coach - I Love To Run
- Track Shoe Buying Guide
- I'm Overweight For My Age
- More Health and Fitness Advice