Wonka's Loss for Lyrics Contest
Willy Wonka's hard-working Oompa Loompas have created a new candy called Giant Chewy Nerds! They're crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and yummy all over, leaving his music-lovin' Oompa Loompas at a complete loss for words and lyrics. Help them out by entering the Loss for Lyric's contest by September 21, 2008, and you could win a chance to meet Raven-Symone and record a song with her help!
Help the Oompa Loompas!
As you all know, the Oompa Loompas love to sing - but they're at a loss for lyrics right now because they've eaten one too many Giant Chewy Nerds and become totally tongue-tied from the tangy taste! In order for the Oompah Loompas to get their rhyme and rhythm back, Willy Wonka wants you to write some wacky lyrics to your own song about Giant Chewy Nerds and make it into a video. The Oompa Loompas have even created fun graphics and music tracks for you to use in your video! Make sure you use the Oompa Loompa's music, or else you'll be disqualified from the contest. If your video is picked as the winner, you'll get to fly to LA to meet Raven-Symone and she'll help you record your song in the studio!
Upload Your Video
Those of you who live in the US and are between the ages of eight and 18 can log onto www.wonka.com to upload your video, which must be between 30 and 60 seconds long. If you need some help getting started, Raven-Symone has a few words of advice:
- Stay confident. Do your best and keep a positive attitude.
- Keep your eye on the prize. Stay focused and you could be in a professional singing studio!
- Ask your family and friends for their advice. Welcome an honest critique of your song.
- Take risks. Try different, fun song choices until the recipe is right!
Now that you have Raven-Symone's personal tips, go and create your song and video! Be sure to enter by September 21, 2008. Good luck!
- Click here to check out Wonka's Loss for Lyrics video!
- For more info on Wonka's Loss for Lyrics contest, head to www.wonka.com!