Niley Timeline : Nick Jonas & Miley Cyrus’ Relationship :: 2007-2008
We all know their names: Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers Band and Miley Cyrus of Hannah Montana fame are no strangers to any kid in the know these days – and neither is their on-again, off-again and now, apparently, on-again relationship. So what’s the whole scoop behind the couple’s romance?
- Nick confirms the song Sorry was written two weeks after he and Miley broke up.
- Jonas Brothers and Miley perform at Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Years Eve.
- Miley wears Nick’s dog tag necklace and removes a picture of her and Nick from the first Miley & Mandy Youtube video.
- Nick caught staring at Miley a few times during the Kids Choice Awards.
- Nick puts his rebound girl Selena Gomez in the Burnin video, though the song was originally about Miley.
- According to some sources, Nick and Selena are officially together – but it’s not made official.
- Pictures of Miley wearing a necklace with “NICK” cubes leaked.
- Miley does a photo shoot for the cover of Seventeen and tells the magazine about her past relationship with Nick: “We became boyfriend and girlfriend the day we met. He was on a quest to meet me, and he was like, ‘I think you're beautiful and I really like you.' And I was like, 'Oh, my gosh, I like you so much.’ … Nick and I loved each other. We still do, but we were in love with each other. For two years he was basically my 24/7. But it was really hard to keep it from people. We were arguing a lot, and it really wasn't fun.”
- Nick and his brothers appear on the cover of Rolling Stone. A photo in the magazine gains a lot of attention because it shows Selena Gomez with her arm around Nick. Both teens deny they’re together but everyone else has their doubts …
- Nick’s brother Kevin adds fuel to the fire by wearing a Team Demi And Selena tee in New York.
- The director of Miley’s 7 Things video drops major hints to MTV that the song is really about Nick.
- Nick continues his stare affair by ogling Miley at the Teen Choice Awards and the Disney Channel Games Concert.
- Miley’s Hannah Montana: Best Of Both Worlds DVD comes out with footage of her past relationship with Nick.
- Miley meets her new boyfriend, Justin Gaston.
- Selena writes the song I’m Sorry about how Nick isn’t over Miley yet.
- Nick and Miley wave at each other during the City Of Hope Concert.
- Nick confirms the song Love Bug was co-written with Miley about two weeks before they broke up.
- Miley is still with her new BF Justin, who decides to dress up as Nick Jonas for Halloween.
- Miley tells M Magazine Nick saved her life: “I was on tour with the Jonas Brothers last year and I kept getting really sick. One night Nick stopped by my room and I wasn’t feeling great. He suggested that I test my blood sugar like he does, since he’s diabetic. I did, and my blood sugar was really low, it was bad! After that, I went to my doctor to get really checked out. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia, which means my blood sugar was always really low and I couldn’t get it back up I became much more aware of the food I ate, because what I was eating before was pretty bad for me. When I’m on tour it can get bad. I’m constantly exercising so much on stage that I get really thin! Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, it can be too much. My body just burns through the food I put in it so fast. When that happens, I make an effort to only eat healthy meals and chill out with the exercise. Watching Nick manage his diabetes over the years has been a real inspiration to me. It makes me feel like, ‘If Nick Jonas can do it, I can, too!’ I have to keep going and put on a brave face.”
- She also tells J-14 she can’t compare her new co-star Lucas Till to Nick.
- Selena and Nick break up and Nick speaks to Germany’s Bravo Magazine about his relationship with Miley: “I'm very disappointed in Miley. I can't see the good in her taking the relationship public. The song [7 Things] and her behavior makes me really sad. We promised at the time that the relationship was just a thing between us and that nobody else should know about our love. And now this! But, fortunately I have my brothers, Joe and Kevin. They helped me deal with it. ... She's a very important person in my life, even though she’s not my girlfriend anymore. We have something special and I don't want to lose it.”
- Miley wears Nick’s dog tag to the American Music Awards and points right at him while singing Fly On The Wall. Apparently, Nick winks back at his ex GF.
- A leaked interview between Miley and Nylon magazine reveals she’s still talking about Nick: “Our relationship has definitely been damaged, because he wanted everything super private. When I opened up about it, he felt out of his comfort zone and [our friendship] became awkward. For now, we’re okay, but definitely just that.”
- In another interview with Twist, Nick talks about how feeling heartbroken at Christmastime last year inspired him to write the song I’m Sorry.
- M magazine reports: “Selena admitted she’s been burned by boys in the past. In fact, Nick was actually a rebound guy after a crush had rejected her!”
The Niley Timeline continues in our Niley Timeline : Nick Jonas & Miley Cyrus’ Relationship :: 2009.