Michael Jackson Has Died
TMZ has reported that Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, died today, June 25, 2009 at the age of 50 from cardiac arrest. Jackson was rushed to the hospital by paramedics, but TMZ reports that when the paramedics arrived there was no pulse.
Jackson, who has sold more than 750 million records, leaves behind 3 children.
Did U Know?
- Motown Records told fans Michael was nine years old when he was actually eleven to make him seem younger and cuter than he really was!
- Michael has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, once in the Jackson 5, and once as a solo artist.
- Jackson has eight Guinness World Records. One is for Thriller as the best-selling album of all time.
- Michael's famous companion Bubbles the chimpanzee now lives on an animal ranch in Sylmar, California. His handler says, "He's in his 20s. He's doing fine."
- Michael suffers from Vitiligo, a skin disorder that causes loss of pigment in the skin.
- At the 2006 World Music Awards, Michael was presented with the Diamond Award for selling over 100 million albums in his career.
- Michael has given millions of dollars to charity, including profits from tours and the settlement of the Pepsi lawsuit. He has given to hospitals, orphanages and the United Negro College Fund, among others. He was also one of the first entertainers to call attention to the HIV/AIDS crisis and the need for research and funding to help stop it.