Dos and Don'ts of Skin Care
Some people may be born with flawless complexions, but most of us have to work at it. Check out Kidzworld's dos and don'ts on how to take care of your skin!
Skin Care - Cleansing
- DO wash your face twice a day to keep your skin clean and healthy - in the morning after you wake up and before you go to bed at night. Wash your face more often if you work up a sweat in P.E. or play a lot of sports throughout the day.
- DO use the right cleanser for your skin type. Use an oil-free cleanser for oily skin, a soothing cleanser for dry skin, and an acne-fighting cleanser with salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide for problem skin.
- DON'T go to sleep with make-up on, no matter how tired you are! It'll clog up your pores and cause zits.
- DON'T overdo it. Washing your face 10 times a day to get rid of the greasies will only dry out your face.
Skin Care - Exfoliating
- DO exfoliate once a week to remove the buildup of dead skin cells.
- DON'T overdo it. Exfoliating too often will only irritate your skin.
Skin Care - Moisturizing
- DO moisturize your face every day to keep your skin hydrated and well-balanced.
- DO use the right moisturizer for your skin type. Use a light one for oily or problem skin, and a more intense one for drier skin.
- DO wear sunscreen with an SPF of 15 (at least!) every day.
- DON'T overdo it. Slathering your face with half a bottle of moisturizer cuz your skin is on the dry side isn't going to do the trick.
Skin Care - Treatments
- DO drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- DO get plenty of sleep.
- DON'T pop pimples! Picking your zits can cause scarring, so keep your fingers away from your face.
- The 411 on Moisturizers
- The Real Deal on Zits
- Nature's Gate Acne Products Review
- Get Sensational Skin With Homemade Recipes!
- More Health and Body Tips!