Fashion Police :: 2002 Academy Awards
This 74th Annual Academy Awards was long, sometimes surprising and mostly boring. Luckily we had some interesting fashion statements, some scary hairstyles and some super-cute couples to keep us entertained. Here's Kidzworld's picks for the best and worst dressed at the 2002 Oscars.
And The Oscars for Style Go To...
- Best Dressed Female Nominee: Halle Berry. Her Elie Saab gown was definitely unique. Not only did it stand out from the other nominees (cuz it was colorful and revealing without being trashy,) but the top with flowers and vines and the wrap-style skirt with train gave her a mermaid, fantasy quality. It was also different from Halle's usually more conservative style, which was nice.
- Best Dressed Male Nominee: Will Smith made a stand-out choice by opting to go with gold instead of the usual penguin-looking tuxedo. The gold tie also tied him perfectly to his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith's outfit, which had a gold-toned skirt.
- Best Dressed Couple: Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe. These two have got to give you green eyes when you look at them. How can you not be jealous of the unbelieveable cute-factor they give off. He looked dashing in a classic, dark suit and she radiated class in an old-skool inspired black lace Valentino. They had it goin' on, from the hair, to the clothes to the cute little chatter when they presented (Ryan let Reese announce the winner cuz she "makes more money.") These two have got the timeless thing goin' on big-time.
- Best Dressed Presenter: Julia Roberts. This girl must have cornered the market on stunning black gowns. Last year's black and white vintage was a stunner and this year's all-black Giorgio Armani with nicely placed, skin-baring slits was totally to-die-for.
- Josh Hartnett
- Kate Winslet - for adding a pretty splash of red to the red carpet.
Click here for the Winners of Kidzworld's Fashion Disaster Oscars.
- 2003 Teen Choice Awards: Fashion Police
- Justin Timberlake Biography
- Cameron Diaz Biography
- More Fashion Police!