-
x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends
Kidzworld Logo

Interview - Nickelodeon Host, Jessica Holmes

Jessica Holmes gets paid to throw pie in people's faces, meet celebrities and gets her summers off. If you want a job like that, she's got some advice for you. Check out our interview with Nickelodeon's Slimetime host, Jessica Renee Holmes.

As a kid what was your dream job?

As a really little kid I wanted to be a dentist but when I got a little older, like high school age, then I wanted to go into TV. My original dream was to be someone like Katie Couric (an anchor for The Today Show.) I wanted to go into news but then that changed too.

Is your job at Nickelodeon your dream job now?

For this point in my life, yes, it is. Because it was my first opportunity I didn't expect to be where I am - it just fell in my lap and that was the most exciting thing for me. I was just an intern here and I wanted to be on TV but I didn't know how to go about it. It's hard when you first start out because you don't know how to do it, or how to get to where you wanna go. In the future I would love to work on a show like Regis and Kelly, The View or The Today Show.

What do you like most about your job?

I love the people I work with. I couldn't work with a nicer group of people. We really have fun because we start thinking like a kid and acting like a kid. And when you're 25 years old, that's pretty cool. I get to act like a kid and get paid to do it.

What do you like least about your job?

There are no down sides to it really. Our schedules run on a school schedule so we get the summers off. We all sort of dread the summer time because we don't have a job.

What are you doing this summer?

I don't have any plans. I would like to take a couple of weeks and travel.

If you could go anywhere in the world, with unlimited time and money, where would it be?

I'm gonna say that I would really want to go to Hawaii. I haven't been a lot of places. I'd go anywhere tropical and warm. I'd also like to go to Paris and shop.

Tell us about your average workday.

I get in around 2 PM. I get my hair and my make-up done. And then the show starts at 4 PM. My co-hosts and I just sort of sit around and talk and laugh before the show. We don't look at the script too much because it's kind of off-the-cuff. No memorizing or anything like that. The show's done at 6 PM, then we sign autographs and then we go home. It's a pretty easy day.

Who do you want on your show that hasn't been there already?

I would love to meet Stevie Wonder. I'd only do that for my benefit. I don't think the kids would care to see Stevie Wonder on the show but he's one person I would love to meet. Robin Williams actually came to the set this week cause his kids wanted to meet us. That was really cool.

Do you ever get nervous before the show?

No. Not anymore. I did in the beginning, but not now. Probably for the first week, I was petrified but it just sort of wears off. And you forget that you're live and infront of lots of people.

What would you say to kids that want to get into showbiz and do what you're doing?

My advice is to do everything. Sing, dance, act. You get that fear out of you at a young age, so then there's no fear. Because when you go to auditions they make you do goofy things, and dance around and act silly.

What do you do in your free time?

I work out. I don't like to go to the gym but I go anyway. I hate working out. I like to play tennis. I love to shop. Every girl loves to do that. Well, maybe not every girl.

What kind of person do you need to be to do your job?

I think it's very important as a host to be yourself. I'm playing Jessica. I'm not playing a part or anything. That's the best part of the job too, cause I can just be me.

Related Links:

  • Amanda Bynes
  • Rant on Reality
  • Working with Popstars

  • 0 Comments

    Related Stories

    F1018306409390

    Who Would You Slime?

    • Boy bands, they annoy me.
    • Jessica Holmes - kidding!
    • P!nk - She looks better in green.
    • My mother when she makes me clean my room.

    Entertainment In The Forums

    AlphaT
    AlphaT posted in Movies:
    Hello and welcome to the first installment of my new series "Alpha Reviews". Whenever I see a new movie, I'll write a review of it here. Don't worry, the first part of the review will be spoiler free, and I'll make sure to give a warning when I talk more about the specifics of the movie.  Today I'll be looking at Roland Emmerich's sequel to (arguably) his greatest work, Independence Day. His original alien disaster film came out in 1996, and while it wasn't a major hit with the critics, it trounced the box office by raking in more money than any other film of that year. Over the past two decades, love for the movie has only grown, and it's now seen as the ultimate popcorn movie.  So how did the sequel hold up? Well...it's not easy to tell. On the one hand, there are some things that this movie did really well. On the other, this movie had moments that I absolutely hated. This is such a hard movie to crituique. Not because there's nothing to critique, but because there's so much right and wrong in the movie that making a final call on it is hard to do.  For one, the story is serviceable. I can buy pretty much everything that they're saying. While there are a few obvious plot holes, impeccable writing isn't what you expect from ID.  The characters vary from the fun and interesting to the idiotic and annoying. Jeff Goldblum does a great job here, and so does Bill Pullman and William Fitchener. As for the new characters? Not so much. The (arguably) two main characters are played by discount Chris Hemsworth (Liam Hemsworth), and discount Micheal B. Jordan (Jessie Usher). Neither give a stunning performance. And my goodness, there is one character in this movie who is so stereotypical and unrealistic, that it literally made me facepalm when I saw it. You'll know who I'm talking about if you've seen the movie. But, the movie is set up so that everyone gets a healthy slice of screen time, so it's okay.  The action is phenomenal, but kind of unoriginal. The first real action scene we have is the destruction of London. Know what it looks exactly like? The destruction of Paris in 2012. Know who directed 2012? Roland Emmerich. Now, I'm one of the few who enjoyed that movie, so I'm fine with it. And most of the other scenes do have a more original feel to them. But, this guy doesn't stop at copying his own movies. There's an action scene where they're on the moon, it looks exactly like Prometheus. I guess I can forgive some of this, but come on, really?  The nostalgia was WAY off the charts. I count this as a category for review because it's what old movie sequels do now. Some do it at the right amount, some don't do it enough, and some...like this film...do it all the time. Almost everything is recycled from the past movie, and there so many callbacks that it's hard to remember them all. But I will give it credit, some of them had me laughing. But, some of them made we want to scream "You're not even trying!" in the theater.  All in all? I'd say that you need to see this movie if you had any enjoyment out of the first one. But, just know that this has a lot more nonsense to put up with, even though it does give much of the entertainment value of the first one in return. I can't guarantee that you won't be disappointed, but if you go into it expecting a mix of good and bad, you'll be glad to see the good parts of a true classic film on the big screen once again.  That's it here. What were your thoughts on the movie? Who do you think gave the best performance? What did you want to see more of? Post what you think about Independence Day: Resurgence below. 
    reply about 8 hours
    Pink_Cool_Girl
    "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: I have forests but no trees I have houses but no brick I have rivers but no water I have plains but no grass What am I? a hairy guy XD Nope xD a dry but crack XD Nope xD if its not my mom then i give up xD It's a MAP. A MAP. OMFG I GOT IT RIGHT LOL YAY*facepalm*And no, not hulk:)
    reply about 12 hours
    fazemonster123
    "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote:I'm bare but I still have soemthing on. I'm all brown but mostly green. I come in all types but I'm still the same thing. What am I?HULK
    reply about 12 hours
    fazemonster123
    "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: I have forests but no trees I have houses but no brick I have rivers but no water I have plains but no grass What am I? a hairy guy XD Nope xD a dry but crack XD Nope xD if its not my mom then i give up xD It's a MAP. A MAP. OMFG I GOT IT RIGHT LOL YAY
    reply about 12 hours
    Pink_Cool_Girl
    "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: "fazemonster123" wrote: "Pink_Cool_Girl" wrote: I have forests but no trees I have houses but no brick I have rivers but no water I have plains but no grass What am I? a hairy guy XD Nope xD a dry but crack XD Nope xDif its not my mom then i give up xDIt's a MAP. A MAP. 
    reply about 12 hours