Cars, Where the Wild Things Are, and Cities XL
Keep up-to-date with all the latest video game releases! Kidzworld has all the latest games to keep watch for. This week for games, we preview Cars Race-O-Rama, Where the Wild Things Are, and Cities XL!
Yes, it's that Cars, the Disney/Pixar film with Lightning McQueen, Doc Hudson, Tater, and all the rest. This is indeed a racing game, but with a flair that matches the movie's main man's moxie. You can customize various parts of Lightning McQueen, then race him throughout both the regular game and some interesting mini-games, like the Mack Track Challenge. Lightning can drift through turns now, and just to make it more stylish, pull off his patented poses for reporters. And don't think that you'll just be turning left over and over in the traditional oval track. This game has city street courses, a desert course, and a beach track in Santa Carburera.
Where the Wild Things Are
The book has become a movie, and the movie has become a game. Where the Wild Things Are (the video game) takes the awesome atmosphere and sounds of the movie get combined with the world and characters of Maurice Sendak's book to make this game. You play as Max, solving some action-platformer style puzzles and interacting with the Wild Things as their king. The really unique look and feel of the movie seem to have been reflected in this game very, very well.
The SimCity series has been working with the same successful city-building game formula since before you were probably born. Their last couple of games, though, like SimCity Societies, left a lot of people feeling that the series was becoming a bit stale. Now, with Cities XL, another company is finally giving the genre a shot, making a city-builder that can be played as an MMO! If you subscribe to the online portion of the game, then your city will exist on the same planet as thousands of others online, trading commodities and linking traffic, and what-have-you. Even the offline portion seems to be going back to what made earlier SimCity games great in the first place.
What Video Games are Dropping This Week?
- October 9th - Cities XL for PC
- October 9th - Motorstorm Arctic Edge for PS2
- October 12th - Cars Race-O-Rama for DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, and Xbox 360
- October 12th - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky for DS
- October 13th - Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes for DS
- October 13th - Sushi Academy for DS
- October 13th - Where the Wild Things Are for DS, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
- October 13th - Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy for PC
- October 13th - Cake Mania 3 for DS
- October 14th - Darwinia Plus for Xbox 360
- October 14th - Medieval Games for Wii
- October 15th - Topatoi for PS3
- October 15th - Squeeballs Party for Wii