Malcolm in the Middle TV Show Facts
You think your brother and sister are wild? Imagine having Malcolm, Reese, Dewey and Francis as your menacing brothers. It's easy to see how the boys can make Lois blow a fuse and send Hal into hyperspace in a matter of seconds. Malcolm in the Middle is one of the coolest, most clever half-hours of tube time. Here are a few Malcolm facts you may or may not know about the show. Check it out!
Malcolm in the Middle - Main Cast
- Malcolm - Frankie Muniz
- Francis - Christopher Masterson
- Reese - Justin Berfield
- Dewey - Erik Per Sullivan
- Lois - Jane Kaczmarek
- Hal - Bryan Cranston
Malcolm in the Middle - Fun Facts
- Although there has been speculation that the last name of Malcolm and his family is "Wilkerson" (creator Linwood Boomer wrote the name on the pilot script), their last name has never been revealed because they didn't want to label the family as a certain ethnic group.
- The Krelboynes are the gang of nerdy friends Malcolm hangs with. The name, which is a combination of "Krelboined" and "Krelborn," was taken from the nerdy hero in the movie, The Little Shop of Horrors.
- The show isn't filmed in front of a live studio audience the way most sitcoms are because of the production style and the special effects used. This is why you never hear the audience laughing or clapping.
- What the heck does Hal do for a living? Well, we're not quite sure, but we do know he works in an office with computers. Just to confuse us even more, in the Poker episode, Hal says he doesn't consider himself a professional. Hmmm... any ideas?
- Another Malcolm in the Middle mystery is where this kooky family lives. It's another detail that's never been revealed in an episode. Any ideas? And no, it's not Los Angeles, CA - that's where Malcolm is filmed!
- Do you love Malcolm in the middle? Well, sorry to say but it won't be returning in fall 2006 - this is it's last season! It's one of the longest-running sitcoms but it's got to end sometime!
Malcolm In the Middle - Quotes
"I did the math once; it turns out, every 17.4 dinners, my family actually has a pleasant meal together." - Malcom.
"They have a special program for gifted children. They have advanced textbooks and devoted teachers and all sorts of good things they don't wanna waste on normal kids." - Lois.
"Okay, I'm going to show you guys the coolest thing you have even seen. Get me some lighter fluid, a waffle iron, and one of Dewey's stuffed animals, the furrier the better." - Francis.