Egypt is a country in the Middle East that most kids learn about in school – but imagine having the opportunity to actually go and visit this ancient country in person! From pyramids to sphinx to pharaohs, Egypt’s got all the elements for a totally rocking vacation!
Of course the first thing most of us think of when we hear the word Egypt are towering pyramids and massive sphinx. Well, when you visit this Middle Eastern country, you get the chance to actually explore inside the pyramids, see real-live wrapped-up mummies and maybe even float down the world’s longest river - The Nile!
Egypt’s got a variety of cities and places you can visit, including:
- Cairo: A big, noisy city full of museum collections worth millions in gold, as well as bustling marketplaces where you can pick up some treasures of your own to bring back home with you!
- Pyramids: No trip to Egypt is complete without an up-close-and-personal look at some of the pyramids. Check out Giza, complete with kid-zised ramps and interior galleries; Sakkara, where you can go into secret tombs and possibly even see real, live scarab beetles; and Dashur, where you can squeeze through narrow doorways into lavish, intricate rooms.
- Luxor: Thousands and thousands of miles away from the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas this is Egypt’s own Valley Of The Kings, complete with sprawling temples, tons of tombs and ruins of ancient villages.
Besides all the ancient history (and, of course, the pyramid tours and exploration), Egypt’s got some awesome adventures and activities to offer, as well:
- Boating On The Nile: The Nile is one of the longest rivers in the world, and has just about as much ancient history attached to it as Egypt itself!
- Go Shopping: Come home from Egypt with your bags loaded with stone goodies – alabaster eggs, small pyramids, carved stone cats, miniature canopic jars and obelisks, scarabs galore. Gold and silver jewelry is fun, too, or get a T-shirt with your name embroidered in hieroglyphics.
- Camel Safari: Ever been on a camel? The view is spectacular! Check out the sands of the Egyptian deserts from atop one of these humped creatures – just stay out of the way when they start spitting saliva!