Alexandra Daddario Bio
Birthdate:: March 16, 1986
Birthplace: New York, New York
You might know Alexandra Daddario as Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. She was just nominated for a Teen Choice Award for Breakout Female! Find out all about her in Kidzworld’s bio of Alexandra Daddario!
Even as a kid Alexandra wanted to act, but she was 16 before she landed her first role in All My Children. She played a troubled teen named Laurie Lewis. “I only had a couple lines, something like ‘Hi, Mr. Chandler,’ and ‘Bye Mr. Chandler,’” she says.
Percy Jackson: All About Annabeth
In Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Alexandra plays Annabeth, the daughter of the goddess Athena. Annabeth goes with Percy on his mission to the Underworld to help him rescue his mother. “I really liked playing a very strong female character,” says Alexandra. “She has a little bit of sarcasm to her. She's tough. She was just fun to play. It's fun to kick butt and be this really tough, smart girl.”
- “I’ll forego partying at a bar to stay in and watch a film that inspires me. I’m focused, but I’m also just a film geek with a sense of humor like Woody Allen’s.
- “I’m a dress for comfort kind of girl. Skinny jeans and tees are my daily uniform. [My Chanel bag] is an investment, but I use it with everything. It makes the rest of an outfit appear more luxe by association.”
Did You Know?
- Alexandra likes acupuncture: “worth the pain and weirdness of having needles in your head,” she said.
- She got to attend the Daytime Emmy Awards for her role on All My Children. "My mom was my date… I got to walk the red carpet and do interviews with some of the other cast,” she says.
- Alexandra was raised on the Upper East Side of New York City. Both of her parents are lawyers.