Quiz the Coach :: Changing Room Challenge
Question by Middle Skoolerr
I’m afraid to change in the locker rooms at school. What should I do? Also I don’t know if I need to bring tennis shoes and gym clothes on the first day or not.
Shy Ashamed Strangers
It’s totally natural to be afraid of changing in the locker room. Lots of people are very shy to take off their clothes in front of other people, especially when they don’t even know them.
Tips for Taking Clothes Off
It just takes time. The more you do it, the easier it becomes. Eventually you don’t even thing about it. Here are some tips to make things along the way easier:
- Wear a tank top and some boxer briefs under your outfit. It won’t feel so much like you’re getting undressed.
- Practice changing quickly at home
- Try to talk about something with your friends. Locker room chit-chat helps everyone relax
- You can joke about yourself, but never make a joke about someone else
- If anyone does any teasing at you or someone else… tell the teacher! No teacher will allow teasing in the locker room to continue if they find out it’s happening.
Changing in the locker room is a great experience to be comfortable with your own body. When you learn how to be comfortable, you’ll feel really good about yourself and your friends will too!
It’s not a bad idea to bring some gym-strip on the first day of school. If your teacher decides to play a fun game you won’t have to mess up your nice 1st day of school outfit.
- Quiz the Coach :: Popularity Problems
- Back to School Fashions
- What is Bullying
- Dear Dish-it: I’m Scared of Middle School