Done with Dolls Band Bio
What do you get when four feisty girls pick up instruments? A hit band, of course! Kidzworld takes a look at the hot new group, Done with Dolls.
Done with Dolls
Done with Dolls
Hailing from Toronto, Canada, the lovely and talented girls behind Done with Dolls are your typical preteens—except for the fact that they spend their weekends touring and their music video receives constant airtime on the Family Channel!
Done With Dolls was formed in 2008 by sisters Kylie and Jordan Miller. The Miller sisters took an early interest in music and started writing songs and practicing their instruments together after school. After performing in a band with Megan and a group of guys, the girls decided to break off on their own, and enlisted the help of Eliza. The all-girl group became Done with Dolls.
Miley Meets Avril
Done With Dolls’ pop-punk tunes channel a serious Miley Cyrus-meets-Avril Lavigne vibe, but it is their fresh and unique songs like “Story of My Life” and “Sisters” that got the attention of famous artists and studio heads. Rumor has it Our Lady Peace frontman Raine Maida (who happens to be signed to the same label, Kingnoise Records) and his wife Chantal Kreviazuk are currently working with the band.
- Jordan Miller (14) plays bass. She is always entertaining the group, whether it be through her constant clowning around or her love of drama. She’s a neat freak who enjoys reading horror books and taking bike rides.
- Kylie Miller (13) sings and plays guitar and is Jordan’s younger sister. She is always searching for new and inspiring music, and is the peacemaker when things get a little out of control.
- Eliza Enman (14) plays the drums, and has been friends with Jordan since grade one. She shares her friend’s passion for horror, and brings common sense to the group when decisions need to be made.
- Megan Fitchett (13) also plays the guitar and is known as the quiet girl. She puts her creativity to use by baking delicious concoctions and making crafts.
Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Hannah Montana, Avril Lavigne, the Go-Go’s
Did you know?
- Their favourite TV shows are Gossip Girl, Glee and The Hills (reruns of course).
- They absolutely love Twilight (let’s be serious, who doesn’t) and have read the books and watched the movies.
- They’ve admitted to having huge celeb crushes on the Jonas brothers, Robert Pattinson, Orlando Bloom and fellow Canadian Justin Bieber.