Adorable Lalaloopsy Dolls come with their own life story: what they are sewn from and when they were sewn. They also come with a poster and a pet, and you can play with them in an online world called Lalaloopsy Land!
Courtesy of MGA
Rag Dolls Revamped!
There are 10 different (but equally cute) Lalaloopsy Dolls for you to choose from:
- Pillow Featherbed: Sewn from a baby’s blanket.
- Crumbs Sugar Cookie: Sewn from the scraps of a baking apron.
- Mittens Fluff ‘N’ Stuff: Sewn from an Inuit’s scarf.
- Peanut Big Top: Sewn from a clown’s costume.
- Spot Splatter Splash: Sewn from a painter’s overalls.
- Jewel Sparkles: Sewn from a princess’ gown.
- Dot Starlight: Sewn from an astronaut’s space suit.
- Bea Spells-A-Lot: Sewn from a school girl’s uniform.
- Sunny Side Up & Berry Jars ‘N’ Jam: Sewn from farmers’ clothes.
The doll we got to review at Kidzworld just happened to be Bea Spells-A-Lot. She – like her other Lalaloopsy friends – was once a rag doll who magically came to life when her very last stitch was sewn. Bea is a real smarty-pants who follows the rules and loves to talk – a lot!
If you haven’t already guessed it, each doll has her own talents/special features based on the fabric that she was sewn out of:
- Pillow Featherbed: Loves to cuddle at night, and comes with fuzzy PJs, an eye mask and her own pet sheep for counting down to sleep.
- Crumbs Sugar Cookie: A real cookie lover with pink hair, clothes, socks and shoes – plus, a pet mouse to clean up the crumbs!
- Mittens Fluff ‘N’ Stuff: Loves to play outside in the snow with her pet polar bear.
- Peanut Big Top: A practical jokester who likes to teach her pet elephant new tricks!
- Spot Splatter Splash: An artiste with a pet zebra whose stripped pattern provides inspiration.
- Jewel Sparkles: Loves to be pampered just like her pet Persian cat.
- Dot Starlight: A science and space buff who dreams of flying – just like her pet bird.
- Bea Spells-A-Lot: Her pet owl’s a real know-it-all, too.
- Sunny Side Up & Berry Jars ‘N’ Jam:These twins have green thumbs – plus a pet cow for Berry and chick for Sunny.
The Lalaloopsy Dolls also have special birthdays:
- Pillow Featherbed: Sewn on January 3 in honor of the Festival of Sleep.
- Crumbs Sugar Cookie: Sewn on December 4, which is National Cookie Day.
- Mittens Fluff ‘N’ Stuff: Sewn on December 21 – the first day of winter.
- Peanut Big Top: Sewn on none other than April Fool’s Day.
- Spot Splatter Splash: Sewn on October 25 – Picasso’s birthday and National Artists Day.
- Jewel Sparkles: Sewn on Jewel Day, March 13.
- Dot Starlight: Sewn on July 20, the day the first man stepped foot on the moon.
- Bea Spells-A-Lot: Sewn on Dictionary Day, October 16.
- Sunny Side Up & Berry Jars ‘N’ Jam:Sewn on October 12, which is Seed Gathering Day.
One of the best things about Lalaloopsy Dolls is that, besides being totally adorable in person, they are also completely interactive online! In Lalaloopsy Land!, you can play games and talk to other dolls.
Video: What Are Lalaloopsy Dolls?
Have Your Say
Do you think dolls are in or out for Christmas this year? Let us know by leaving your comment below!