Never Picked For Football :: Quiz the Coach
Question by Tairy
I love football and I try to play at recess but I never get picked so I am forced to play four-square with the girls. How am I supposed be picked?
Practice makes Perfect
Never Picked Problem
Never being picked is basically a matter of two things. Either you’re not good enough to play or the other kids don’t like you. That might sound cruel, but you know what? You can actually change it…
Getting better at football isn’t that hard. I used to play football by myself all the time when I was young. I hung a tire from a tree branch and I would try to throw the ball as hard as I can right through the tire. I also played catch with my dad, and I watched lots of football to learn how the game is played. If you do any of these things, you’ll get better and eventually your friends will want you to play.
Friends for Football
If your friends don’t want you to play because they don’t like you… this is a little more complicated. You might need to talk to a teacher and get some help. However, it’s also important to just keep trying to be liked by your friends. Here are some tips:
- Be sincerely nice to everyone, even if they are mean
- Share common interests (Try to talk about football, the latest NFL game, who your favourite player is etc.)
- Get a football and ask someone to play catch after school
- Learn some jokes and try to be funny
- Quiz The Coach: Football Positions
- NFL Backyard Football 10 :: Wii Game Review
- Shopping For Football Season