Cell Phone Addiction
Your first addiction may have been candy. Next… maybe you couldn’t turn your head away from the TV when teletubbies was on. Now, you can’t stop jumping all around your family room hooked up to your Wii. But the worst has yet to come… Are you also addicted to a cell phone?
Cell Phone Fix
We’re all a little bit guilty to spend too much time on our phones these days. Besides calling your mom to tell her you’re going to be home late for supper, you can text your friends, play video games, take pictures, make movies, program an alarm to remind yourself to freshen your breath, find yourself on a live map from a satellite… it’s so addicting!
A good question to ask yourself is if you are using your cell phone too much? Here is a list of examples why you might be addicted to your cell phone:
- You spend more money on accessories than your phone costs
- You have 20 apps and you use them all
- Your phone bill is more than $100 a month
- You run out of battery power every day
- You use your phone in the bathroom
If we are all walking in the streets glued to our cell phones, who is going to pay attention to our clothes? Who is going to say hello to you? The fact is that addiction to cell phone is causing problems:
- Car Accidents resulting
- Tunnel Vision
- Less conversation between people
- Distractions in school classes and job environments
There is no doubt that cell phones are great technology that make our lives easier and help us communicate. But let’s be honest… we shouldn’t use them all the time just to entertain ourselves. Life is not always about entertainment. If you think you are addicted to your cell phone, you should seriously try to cure your addiction. Here are some fun things to help solve your cell phone addiction:
- Get your friends to try a “No-Texting Tuesdays”
- Every time you use your cell phone, put a quarter into a jar… compare with your friends to see who collects the most money
- Limit yourself to just your top 5 apps
- Do a project for school about raising awareness about cell phone addiction (collect surveys, make statistics). Find out yourself if kids at your school are addicted to their cell phones. Report back to Kidzworld… we want to hear about it!