Jessie J Bio
Jessie J is set to become a [kwlink15862]big star[/kwlink] in 2011 - if you haven’t listened to her music yet, get yourself to YouTube and check her out! She’s already won loads of awards for her talent and already has two hit songs under her belt, Do It Like a Dude and Price Tag with B.o.B. Learn more about this talented singer/songwriter on Kidzworld!
Jessie J Bio
Making of a Star
Jessie J was born Jessica Ellen Cornish in Redbridge, London on March 27, 1988. She went to Colins Performing Arts School as a child and when she was 11 she was cast in Andrew Lloyd Weber’s musica “Whistle Down the Wind”. When she was 17 she joined a girl group and soon after was signed as a solo artist to Gut Records. The record company went bankrupt before she released an album but the talented Jessie J didn’t give up!
Jessie J on stage!
Writing Songs for Miley Cyrus
When Jessie’s first record deal didn’t work out, she turned to songwriting and got herself a contract with Sony ATV where she started writing hit songs for Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, and Alicia Keyes. Her biggest songwriting hit was Miley Cyrus’ song Party in the USA”!
2011: The Year of Jessie J!
Thanks to her hit single “Do It Like a Dude”, which went to number 2 on the charts, and her number 1 hit single “Price Tag” with B.o.B., we’re all super excited to listen to her debut album coming out in the UK on February 28, 2011! It’s debuting in the US in April and it’s called “Who You Are” and is a mix of dance, R&B, euphoric and reggae! If her first two singles are any indication, we’ll be hearing a lot from Jessie J in 2011!
- Her debut single “Do It Like a Dude” was written for Rihanna but she decided to keep it for herself!
- She also wrote a song called L.O.V.E for Alicia Keyes that she is keeping for herself.
- Has an irregular heartbeat and had a mini stroke at age 18 so she stays away from smoking or drinking.
- She’s said that the “J” stands for “whatever you want it to”.
- Has toured with both Cyndi Lauper and Chris Brown