Selena Gomez & The Scene: When the Sun Goes Down CD Review
She’s a stellar actress, girlfriend to one of the world’s biggest pop stars (Justin Bieber, of course) and an accomplished singer as well! Check out our review of “When the Sun Goes Down” by Selena Gomez & The Scene!
Courtesy of Hollywood Records, Inc.
Selena Gomez & The Scene’s new album “When the Sun Goes Down” was originally set to be titled “Otherside” … not sure what you think, but we love the new name a whole lot better. But what we love even more are all the sparkling pop songs that make up this disc – they’re guaranteed to keep making your world sunny, long after the sun sets!
Track List & Reviews
- LOVE YOU LIKE A LOVE SONG: This mellow, dreamy, 1980s-inspired love song is a great start to the CD. It’s all about being so in love, that you want to replay every moment with the person over and over again, just like your favorite love song!
- BANG BANG BANG: Check out the new-wave groove on this track, which is all about a new love totally replacing all memories of an old one.
- WHO SAYS: This is the album’s lead single, and there’s a very good reason for it. We love this song, and are not ashamed to admit it had us singing into our hairbrushes in front of the mirror! It’s a total self-esteem booster!
- WE OWN THE NIGHT: Featuring the very talented Pixie Lott, this semi-ballad is catchy despite being one of the slower songs on offer. It’s all about spending good times with good friends and putting your day-to-day problems aside.
- HIT THE LIGHTS: This song makes it clear that Selena finds tons of inspiration in one of her idols, Britney Spears! It totally made us forget our troubles while we were listening to it, and gave us hope that you can get a second chance on something you may have missed out on the first time around.
- WHIPLASH: A “clubby” number that we heard may have been co-written by Britney. Either way, it’s got a great beat – without going overboard.
- WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN: An edgy track with an electric guitar riff and tons of cool studio effects: can you say party anthem?!
- MY DILEMMA: This song is all about deciding how to break free from a relationship turned bad (not with Justin Bieber, we hope!). Pop and punk – together at last!
- THAT'S MORE LIKE IT: Co-written by Katy Perry, this track features lots of “I’m the boss” grrl-power lyrics. The message: appreciate me, or hit the road, pal!
- OUTLAW: More 80s pop influences and lots of synth in this song, which is about a guy who moves pretty fast from crush to crush, but never really feel fulfilled inside.
- MIDDLE OF NOWHERE: Techno beats will have you up and dancing, and the message in this song – about getting out there and getting it done on your own – will leave you feeling empowered.
- DICES: The Spanish version of "Who Says."
Video: Who Says