Travis Turner Q&A
Actor Travis Turner has had roles on TV before, but he just landed his biggest break, starring in the family-fun movie and sequel Marley and Me: The Puppy Years playing Brodi, Marley’s friend! We got a chance to ask him all about it in this Kidzworld Q&A!
KW: How did you get started acting?
- Travis: I started when I was like 6 years old. School plays. Then I did community theater and some professional theater. I never lived in a city big enough with a film industry. Until the last few years I was able to pursue film and television. I still do some theater as wellto keep sharp. I just love to entertain; I am so happy and privileged to be acting for a living.
KW: What is your character like in Marley and Me: The Puppy Years?
- Travis: Bodi is a good kid. He likes to skate and play video games. He means well and is trying to learn how to be responsible enough to have his own dog.
KW: Do you think you’re similar to your character?
- Travis: Yeah I like to skate play video games and I also really like dogs.
KW: What do you like most about the story?
- Travis: I like the relationship between Bodi and his Grandpa, and Marley and him. The bond between a kid and a puppy is something I know well.
KW: Do you like dogs in real life and do you have a pet?
- Travis: I do like dogs for sure and I used to have a dog named Spike. He was awesome.
KW: What was your favorite scene to film?
- Travis: The scene where Marley flips the Spam on Grandpa, lol.
KW: What is something most people don’t know about you?
- Travis: I really like The Beatles
KW: Are you filming anything now?
- Travis: I have just wrapped on a few other projects this year. I was the lead on another filmcalled Christmas in Castleberry with an amazing cast. One of the stars was Roger Moore. I also just shot a movie produced by Nick Cannon called Rags, a Hip Hop Fairy Tale. I was able to rap the intro to the film and I wrote the intro rhymes too. I am pretty stoked because I enjoy my Hip Hop. To combine the love of acting and rapping together is a real dream come true.
KW: Who would you most like to work with in the future?
- Travis: Honestly, it is hard to name one person. I just want to work with as many talented directors and actors as I can. I want to challenge the roles I play with different characters and different genres.
KW: People may already know you from Caprica and Supernatural, what has been your favorite filming experience so far?
- Travis: Caprica was a big deal for me as it was my ice breaker as they say. It was the first major production. Supernatural was really cool to work on. Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles were great to act with.It is hard to say my favorite. But going to Romania to shoot Christmas in Castleberry was quite the filming experience.
- Food: Subs
- Hobby: Rapping
- Movie: Well that’s a tough one, but for comedies a couple of my favorites growing up were Dumb and Dumber and Happy Gilmour
- Sport: Skateboarding
Check out the trailer for Marley and Me: The Puppy Years: