Rowan Blanchard Q&A
Rowan Blanchard stars in the new movie Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World, alongside some big name celebrities like Jessica Alba and Alexa Vega, but for someone so young she’s already got a ton of credits under her belt, and an upcoming sitcom on the way. Find out more in this Kidzworld Q&A!
Rowan says working with Jessica Alba is "an honor"
Rowan and her co-star Mason Cook
Rowan is a talented singer as well as an actress!
Kidzworld: Can you tell us about how you got the role in the new Spy Kids 4 movie?
- Rowan Blanchard: I got the role by auditioning, and then you get a call-back, but there were so many people and I really didn’t expect to get the part because they really wanted names and before this movie I wasn’t really ‘a name’ but agent was like “you really have to see her!” so my agent basically got me this role.
KW: What do you like most about the story in the new Spy Kids movie?
- Rowan: My favorite part of the story is probably when I reunite with my stepmother because we really don’t have a good relationship in the movie until the very end when we learn that we’re always going to be family and we’re always going to have to put up with each other, and you know what, I turn out to love her.
KW: What was the funniest thing that happened during filming?
- Rowan: Probably when we were in the last week and we were all giving each other gifts, going away gifts, and Mason [Cook] my co-star gave the hairstylist this like dog, a fake little statue of a dog, in Austin there are there were all these little tsotchke stores and he gave it to the hairstylist and she like, freaked out, it was all a joke.
KW: You got to work with Jessica Alba in Spy Kids 4, what is she like?
- Rowan: To work with Jessica Alba is such an honor, she’s so nice, she’s so wonderful, she’s an amazing actress, it’s just so much fun to work with her.
KW: You’ve been in lots of commercials and things, what has been your favorite acting project you’ve worked on so far?
- Rowan: You know what probably Spy Kids, it was so much fun for me
KW: When did you first realize you wanted to be a performer?
- Rowan: I first realized I wanted to be a performer when I was five or six, I was always putting on shows around the house and I wanted to kind of take that to another level so my mom and dad took me to an agent and I got started.
KW: We hear you’re also a talented vocalist, what kind of music do you love to sing?
- Rowan: I love Broadway, but I love also more upbeat music and rock and roll too
KW: You’re working on your first album, do you help with the song writing and what will the album be like?
- Rowan: I am helping with my song writing. It’s very upbeat and good, it’s like a whole new take on pop music and at the same time it has rock and roll beats in it, which I really wanted.
KW: Who are some of your favorite singers?
- Rowan: I really love Adele, I think she has a gorgeous voice, and Christina Perry. I also really like Barbra Streisand
KW: Do you have any hobbies?
- Rowan: I love to dance, dancing is one of my most favorite things to do, and I love reading.
KW: What are you doing this summer?
- Rowan: Mainly press stuff to do with the movie, and the premiere is coming up which makes me really excited!
- Movie: Up!
- Book: I have so many! One is The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Food: Pasta
- Song: "Turning Tables"
Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World is out in theaters soon, check out this trailer: