Cori B. Q&A
As the daughter of world-famous rapper Snoop Dogg, you could call 12-year-old singing sensation Cori. B. “rap royalty.” But even though she’s following her dad’s footsteps in the music biz, Cori’s new single “Do My Thang” is positively pop music. Next month she plans to have her debut performance at Zamfest in Long Beach. Find out more about Cori B. in her Kidzworld Q&A!
Kidzworld: What first made you interested in music and performing?
- Cori: Well I used to sing in the Choir and Church and then after seeing my dad perform I was like "oooh yeah I want to do this!"
KW: How would you describe your sound?
- Cori: My voice is raspy and kind of deep, but it’s still catchy and I love it!
KW: Your dad is a world-famous rapper, what's the best piece of advice he's given you about making music?
- Cori: Never give up and just always believe in yourself.
KW: What's your song Do My Thang all about?
- Cori: Doing me on the weekend…It's all about having fun and not caring what other people think.
KW: You're not just a singer but also an actress, guest starring on shows like 90210, do you plan to act more in the future?
- Cori: I'll always keep my options open because acting is fun too but right now my focus is my singing career.
KW: What's something most people don't know about you?
- Cori: I play every sport at my school.
KW: Who are the artist you look up to the most?
- Cori: Willow Smith, Keri Hillson and my Dad
KW: How would you describe the rest of your upcoming album "Choc's World"?
- Cori: My upcoming album is all about having fun and enjoying life. It's the type of music made for kids my age and older.Basically for everyone that loves to have fun.
KW: With a famous dad you must be used to meeting big names, do you ever feel starstruck or nervous around celebrities?
- Cori: Yes, Wiz Khalifa and Chris Brown.
KW: The summer is nearly over, are you excited to go back to school?
- Cori: I just started the 7th grade and so far I'm loving my classes!
- Food: Hot Wings
- Movie: Social Network
- Book: Don't have one
- Activity: Swimming
Check out Cori's single Do My Thang below: