Madison Pettis Q&A
Madison Pettis has been acting and modeling since the age of 5, but it’s her voice you might recognize in the Jake and the Never Land Pirates, out on DVD September 27. Madison plays the pixie-dust-wielding firecracker Izzy. Find out more in her Q&A.
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Madison: I’m 13 and I’m from Texas originally and now I live in L.A.
KW: How did you first get started acting?
- Madison: I started acting when I was 5, in Dallas where I’m from, I started doing modelling and commercials and the Barney TV Show. So then I took a lot of acting classes in Texas and came out to L.A. when I was 7 and auditioned and ended up getting Corey in the House and The Game Plan.
KW: How did you get the role in Jake and the Never Land Pirates?
- Madison: I auditioned for Jake and the Never Land pirates two years ago actually, so that was so fun, immediately I loved the character cause she’s spunky and all about girl power.
KW: What is your character like? Do you relate to her?
- Madison: Yeah I think I am pretty similar to Izzy in non-pirate form, I’m all about girl power, I love that about her.
KW: What did you like most about the story?
- Madison: I like her pixie dust, whenever there’s a situation and there’s an emergency she’s always there with her pixie dust to save the day.
KW: Do you have any projects coming up?
- Madison: I was just in Canada for five months doing a TV show called Life With Boys, from the creators of Hannah Montana, we did a whole season and it already premiered in Canada and will in the U.S. very soon.
KW: How is voice acting different to film acting?
- Madison: I think the major difference between voice acting and live action acting is that you have to make all your emotion come through in your voice so you can’t just sit in a chair you have to stand up and act it out with a lot of energy.
KW: What is your all-time fave on-set memory?
- Madison: I’d say it’s The Game Plan, which is a Disney movie with The Rock. We were actually shooting during Halloween that year so I was kinda bummer cause couldn’t go trick or treating or anything but the director was so awesome and actually made the set like Halloween, they had all the equipment turned into haunted houses and the hair and makeup department did costumes, I was Elvis Presley that year. That was probably my favorite Halloween ever.
KW: What are some of your hobbies?
- Madison: Probably dancing, I have been dancing since I was 4, before I even started acting. I love all kinds of dance, I love to dance.
KW: Do you plan to pursue dance in the future?
- Madison: In The Game Plan I was really lucky because I got to do a lot of ballet in that movie, but I hope I can definitely do more dance and acting stuff together in the future.
KW: Which actors do you look up to?
- Madison: I look up to Raven Symone the most, she inspired me to act when I was really little I watched That’s So Raven and The Cheetah Girls and I just think she’s so funny.
- Food: Chic-Fil-A, I am obsessed with Chic-Fil-A, it’s a fast food restaurant that is mostly in the south, it is so good, their nuggets and their waffle fries are so good.
- Song: At the moment it’s off of Cody Simpson’s new EP Coast to Coast that just came out, I love all the song on it, my favorite is probably “Angel”.
- Movie: 13 going on 30
- School Subject: English because I like writing a lot.
Check out Madison as Izzy in this clip from Jake and the Never Land Pirates, out on DVD September 27:
Have Your Say
What do you think of Jake and the Never Land Pirates; will you buy it on DVD? Let us know by leaving a comment below!