After winning over listeners online, 12-year-old singing sensation Camryn wowed movie audiences by creating a fun and bubbly soundtrack for the summer hit Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer. Fresh from touring with fellow pop star Cody Simpson, Camryn’s had time to talk to KW. Find out more in her Kidzworld Q&A!
KW: You are currently in the studio working on an album, can you tell us a little about what it’s like?
- Camryn: Well, my music is pretty diverse because I like all different kinds of artists. I love Selena Gomez and Katy Perry, but I also really like Pink and Avril Lavigne, so I think it could best be described as fun pop rock.
KW: You toured with Cody Simpson, what was that like? Are you a fan of his music?
- Camryn: It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. Cody is really, really talented and I look up to him a lot. On top of that, he is so sweet to everyone around him, especially his fans.
KW: Which other musical artists do you look up to?
- Camryn: I have Demi Lovato’s new album and think it’s amazing. I also really like Selena Gomez’s music. My all-time hero and inspiration would have to be Mariah Carey. I actually got to meet her and she was so nice.
KW: You have built a fan base online, what’s your favorite part of interacting with fans via the internet?
- Camryn: Well, the best way to describe it is that I don’t see them as fans, I see them as friends who live all over the world that I get to talk to every day! What I also love about it is when I have a concert and a fan comes up to me afterward and says, “Hey I’m __, we talk all the time on Twitter” and I finally get to meet them in person! That is so cool!
KW: Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer was a huge success this past summer, would you consider doing the soundtrack to a movie again?
- Camryn: I’d love to! I loved the movie and it was amazing to hear my songs throughout the film!
KW: You had a cameo in the movie, would you consider doing any acting in the future?
- Camryn: Definitely. Music is my main focus, but I love acting. I just did a small part in an independent movie with Aly Michalka called “Long Time Gone.” That was really fun.
KW: You’re going to be touring again this fall as the opening act for Allstar Weekend, are you excited?
- Camryn: I actually just finished playing a few shows with them at state fairs. They were really funny guys and put on a great show!
KW: What the best part of being on the road?
- Camryn: Well, of course exploring different cities is awesome and I love how when you’re on the road, you become a family, but my favorite part is definitely performing and meeting my fans. It’s just the best thing in the world.
KW: Halloween is just around the corner, what are you planning to go as/do this year?
- Camryn: I’m not sure yet and I’m running out of time, so tell me your ideas on twitter! LOL.Twitter.com/camrynrocks
KW: What is the best piece of advice you’ve received since starting out?
- Camryn: Work hard and make sure you’re in it for the right reasons, because you love to sing and can’t imagine not doing it! Also, you’re always going to have people in your life who don’t believe in you or who are haters and you just kind of have to push through that because the only judgment that matters is yours!
Your Fave …
- Fruit: Mangos
- Color: baby blue
- Song: “Lightweight” by Demi Lovato
- School Subject: Science
Check out Camryn's debut hit "Wait and See" here:
Have Your Say!
What do you think of Camryn’s music? Let us know in the Comments section below!
- Camryn Q&A
- Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer Movie Review
- Trick or Treat with Cody Simpson
- More Music Reviews