Do-It-Yourself Friendship Bracelet
With summer coming on not only are you going to get to spend more time with your friends, but you guys will have lots of time to do fun, creative things. Friendship bracelets are a great way to get creative and show your appreciation for a close friend.
Candy Stripe Pattern Friendship Bracelets Courtesy of CraftyAmberly.Etsy.com
Step-by-step Candy Stripe Technique Courtesy of Tosk Albanian
Creative Summer Jewelry Courtesy of daisyjewelry.com
Embroidery Thread Comes in All Different Colors Courtesy of dick-blick.com
They’re so easy to make that you can make them for everyone you know or load up your best friend with cool looking jewelry they can wear all summer long. This pattern of friendship bracelet is a basic one called “Candy Stripe”.
What You’ll Need:
- Thread or yarn of different colors
- Safety pin
- A friend
What You’ll Need to Do:
- Cut four pieces of colored thread measuring 2 feet.
- Tie the thread at one end leaving a 2 inch tail.
- Run the safety pin through the knot and attach the safety pin to a sturdy anchor. (Think the shoelace of your shoe)
- Spread the 4 strands of thread out.
- Take the furthest most left thread and lay it over the next closest thread at an angle to create a “4” like shape.
- Take the end of the first thread and put it through the triangle of the “4” shape you made in Step 5.
- With both the first and second threads in hand tighten them so that the knot you created slides up to the safety pin knot at the top.
- With the first thread, do the same to the third thread.
- Do the same to the fourth thread.
- Now you should be back where you started: four threads all laid out. Now repeat Steps 5-8.
- Go until the bracelet is a desired length and unfasten the safety pin.
- Tie it onto your best friend’s wrist and watch them squeal in delight!
Fancy It Up:
If you want to get fancy with your bracelet, think about adding in some beads. Just string them on between the knots. Or you can make the bracelet thicker by adding more than 4 pieces of thread. Experiment with a toggle or claps so your friend can take the bracelet on and off. You can find those at any craft or bead store. This is only one pattern for friendships bracelets. Once you master this one you can find many more to conquer!
Friendship bracelets are a summer must, just like friends.
Have Your Say
Have you ever made a friendship bracelet? Did your friend like it? Tell us about it in the comments section below.