How To Make Firefly Jars
Summer nights are nice, warm and perfect for hanging out outside, on the porch or at the picnic table. There are many ways to light your way on summer nights, but why not take a cue from the expert: the firefly. Firefly jars bring a magic to your picnic, stoop or even your room.
The trickiest thing is finding the glow-in-the-dark paint, which really isn't that tricky. Most craft stores should carry a waterproof glow-in-the-dark paint, but you may want to do some research before you set out. There's also the possibility of finding a website that sells the paint.
What You'll Need:
- Glass jars (as many as you'd like to paint, big or small)
- Glow-in-the-dark paint
What You'll Need to Do:
1. Wash your glass jars. Make sure to remove any stickers or glue residue.
2. Stir your glow-in-the-dark paint to evenly spread the glowing particles.
3. Take your paint brush and evenly paint dots on the inside of the jar. The dots will look like fireflies and the more the better!
4. Let the paint dry entirely.
5. Charge the paint so that it can glow in the dark. Place your jar in dark spot, weather outside or inside and enjoy!
You can always get creative and make striped jars or paint small stars. And of course you can place anything in the jars: marbles, flowers, candles, glow-in-the-dark bobbles. There are so many things you can do with this simple summer craft.
Have Your Say
Where will you put your firefly jars? Have any creative ideas? Share it in the comment's section below!