Your sister can be everything from your BFF, your only ally, a source of support and your first stop for advice – in short these special siblings are invaluable, so if you have a sister get ready to show them how much they mean to you on Sister’s Day this August 2nd, 2015!
Mark Your Calendar
Sister’s Day is a lesser-known holiday, but if you want to keep track it usually falls on the first Sunday of August. If you and your sis are inseparable this is the perfect chance to shower her with affection!
Award-winning American author Toni Morrison describes sisters this way: A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. Celebrating your sister is celebrating a special part of yourself and your family.
What You Can Do
It’s up to you to decide the best way to celebrate Sister’s Day with your built-in BFF, whether you just want to hang out swapping secrets or hit the town as a team. Here are a few suggestions to get you started!
- Make her a card with a special message from you
- Are you crafty? Make her a gift!
- Buy her a book (we recommend Little Women, the ultimate sister story!)
- Plan a sister shopping day
- Buy her jewelry, your sister will feel like a queen
- Give her a makeover
- Is your sister sporty? Go to the park and throw the ol' ball around.
- Plan a surprise party for your sis
- Go to the beach
- Treat her to ice cream
- Set up a movie night and watch one her top picks (or if you need a suggestion, how about The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!)
- Take her out for lunch
- Does your sister have a hobby? If so, Sister’s Day is the perfect opportunity to jump in and do it with her
- Play games with your sister, if your sister is younger than you she’ll probably jump at the chance to get some one on one time with her older sibling (who she no doubt adores!)
A.N.T Farm actress China Anne McClain is always in tune with her sisters, check out The McClain Sisters performing "Price Tag" live below.
Have Your Say
Do you have a sister? What do you do to show them you appreciate them?