Noah Lomax Q&A
Noah Lomax stars alongside Gerard Butler and Jessica Biel in Playing for Keeps, a heartwarming story about a boy getting to know his dad that comes out December 7th. Find out more in Kidzworld's Q&A with Noah Lomax!
KW: How old are you and where are you from?
- Noah: I just turned 11 years old. I was born in New Orleans but have been living in Atlanta since I was 5 years old
KW: How did you get started acting?
- Noah: My sister was the one who started acting ﬁrst. I think she got stopped in a mall, one day and was asked if she wanted to be an actor, but she always wanted to do it. She started acting a little bit, and then I decided I wanted to do it too…it looked like fun.
KW: You're in the movie Playing for Keeps coming out in December, what's the movie about?
- Noah: The movie is about a famous retired soccer professional who has not been a great dad or husband and he ends up coaching his son’s soccer team to try to patch things up with his son and get his life back. But he gets distracted by the moms of my character’s [Lewis] teammates!
KW: How do you relate to your character in Playing for Keeps?
- Noah: Well, Lewis and I are a lot alike. He is a normal kid that likes to play with his friends and play soccer. I also like to play sports and hang out with my friends, but I cannot relate to his family life, because my mom and dad are happily married.
KW: You got to work with Jessica Biel and Gerard Butler, what was that like?
- Noah: They were really nice! They played with me a lot on set. Gerry and I practiced soccer together and that was really fun. They are like normal people and I don’t really see them as being “stars”. Jess and I liked to be goofy like one time we were doing a scene where we were sitting in a car and singing the song “Pump Up the Jam.” It was a lot of fun.
KW: You're in another film called Safe Haven coming out February, what is it about?
- Noah: It’s about a woman who is abused by her husband and she escapes to a small town where she meets Josh Duhamel’s character, who is widowed with two kids and they start to form a relationship. I play Josh’s son in the film, who has a hard time dealing with his mom being gone and his dad’s interest in another woman.
KW: You've had roles on a number of TV shows, what has been your favorite so far?
- Noah: I would say The Walking Dead. It was a small role, but it is a great show and I loved the zombies. I really liked seeing how they made people into zombies, great make up, and all the fight scenes.
KW: What kind of roles would you like to do in the future?
- Noah: I have always wanted to be in a super hero movie where they shoot on a green screen and have different special effects. I don’t care if I am the super hero or villain but it would be kinda cool to be the villain.
KW: Which actors do you look up to?
- Noah: I would like to work with Christian Bale because he plays Batman.I've seen all the Batman movies, and he played Batman/ Bruce Wayne the best. I really like how he acts like Batman and makes you forget that he is an actor. His ﬁght scenes are very believable.
KW: What's the best piece of advice you've received since starting out in showbiz?
- Noah: Make sure you keep doing the other things you like to do. I still play football!
- Color: Royal Blue
- Movie: Wreck it Ralph
- Food: Sword Fish
- Subject: Science
Have Your Say
What do you think of Noah Lomax? Let us know in the comments section below.