Homemade Valentine's Day Gifts 2013
Valentine’s Day is only a few short days away, which means it’s time to get crafting away on those gifts for special someones. Whether a boyfriend, girlfriend, parent or friend these gifts will sure to please.
Perfect to show someone how much you love them a Heart Bomb of paper hearts is a wonderful surprise on someone’s locker or on the dining room wall- somewhere they least expect it.
- Tape- double sided works best
Pinch the Two Arches Together to Make Your Heart Pop!
Courtesy of howaboutorange.blogspot.com
- Trace the shape of hearts on paper. Red, pink or white works best, but so does the person’s favorite color. Make all different sizes of hearts to give the explosion of hearts an effect.
- Cut out the hearts with a slit at the point where the two bumps of the heart’s top meet. The slit should reach halfway down the heart.
- Roll the two arches of the heart so that they fold to the back of the heart. This should make the center of the heart pop out making it a 3D shape.
- Glue the sides of the arches together to hold that 3D shape.
- Let dry completely and repeat until you have the right number for your Heart Bomb.
- Using double sided tape, tape the hearts to the surface you want to bomb,
- Watch your loved one’s face light up when they see all your love!
A simple little heart can mean a lot to the right person. With some extra yarn put together a necklace pendant, a pin or a little love trinket for the one you love.
- Plastic canvas- can be found at craft or needle point stores
- Tapestry Needle
- Leather cording for a necklace
- Safety pin and glue for pin
Cut a Heart in the Plastic Canvas
Courtesy of www.popsdemilk.com
- Cut out the shape of a heart in the plastic canvas. It’s ok if it’s boxy or square on the edges, the yarn will take care of that.
- Take your yarn and thread it through the tapestry needle.
- Start wrapping the yarn on the outer edge of the heart. Make it a round stitch or loop stitch to wrap the edges of the heart.
- Stitch the interior of the heart with regular stitches. See photo to get the look.
- Tie the yarn off on the back of the heart and trim the extra yarn.
- If you want to make a necklace, use the tapestry needle to work the leather cording through the back of the heart. Tie the cording and wear as a necklace.
- If you want a pin, glue a safety pin to the back of the heart and let dry.
- Give your heart away!
Stitch Your Heart Out!
Courtesy of www.popsdemilk.com
Candy is a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day. Chocolates or candy hearts even Red Hots are meant for snacking on while thinking about your sweetie. With some Chalkboard paint transform a little matchbox into a unique and lovely candy holder.
- Chalkboard paint
- Paintbrush- foam brush works best
- Paint the outside of your matchbox with chalkboard paint.
- Let paint dry completely, this can take a day or two depending on the paint.
- Write your love note on the box with chalk.
- Stuff it with candies and give your sweetie something sweet!
Courtesy of cieradesign.com
Have Your Say!
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Do you give Valentines? If so, to whom? Share your Valentine’s Day celebrations in the comment’s section below!