Ke$ha Fun Facts!
Pop star Ke$ha has built her name on her party girl image and undeniably catchy hits, but there’s more to the singer-songwriter than just pumping out hits and having a good time, find out more in Kidzworld’s Ke$ha Fun Facts!
Did You Know...
- Ke$ha’s full name is Kesha Rose Sebert
- The money sign in Ke$ha's name was originally meant to be ironic, she says she's happy whether she makes money or not
- Ke$ha isn’t the first singer-songwriter in the family, she’s following in the footsteps of her mother Patricia Rose (“Pebe”), who wrote songs and still performed while she raised her family as a single mother.
- She has an older brother named Lagan and younger brother named Louis
- Her mother’s great grandparents are from Hungary and Poland
- Ke$ha considers herself more of a songwriter than performer, she co-wrote every song off her first two albums and has also written for artists like Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears
- She was born in Los Angeles, California, but moved to outside Nashville with her family as a teen when her mother signed a songwriting contract in the area.
- Ke$ha had a hard time making friends in Brentwood, the suburb of Nashville she and her family lived in as a teenager, she was considered “weird,” because she wore things like homemade velvet pants and would dye her hair purple.
- The lead single off her debut album “Tik Tok” broke records for single week sales, selling 610, 000 digital downloads
- She played trumpet and saxophone in the marching band at school
- She wrote Britney Spears’ hit song “Till The World Ends”
- Ke$ha is involved with LGBT and animal rights activism
- “Die Young” was her 8th Top 10 hit
- Ke$ha appeared in the video for Katy Perry’s “I Kissed A Girl”
- Her MTV docu-series, Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life debuts in April
- She sang backing vocals on Britney Spears’ “Leather and Lace”
- She released her third full length album Warrior in November of 2012
Have Your Say
What do you think of Ke$ha? Let us know in the comments section below.