2013 MLB 1st Day of Baseball
Peanuts! Crackerjacks! Watch out for that ball!!! Finally the one sport where you can watch your favorite team more than 160 times in a year and never get bored... unless you cheer for the Chicago Cubs. The baseball season starts today, so let's see what's happening around the MLB!
2013 MLB 1st Day of Baseball Courtesy of mlb
Toronto Blue Jays Courtesy of mlb
Red Sox vs Yankees Courtesy of mlb
Top 5 Teams to Keep your Eye on
There are 30 teams in the MLB. Only 8 of them will make the playoffs, and that's including the New York Yankees. Here are the top 5 teams in the MLB that you should watch this year...
- Toronto Blue Jays: It's been a long time coming since they won back-to-back World Series in 1992 and 1993, but the Toronto Blue Jays finally have a contending team again.
- LA Dodgers: Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett and Zack Greinke are on the team giving the Dodgers the highest payroll in MLB history.
- Detroit Tigers: MVP Miguel Cabrera and his triple crown is just fun to watch by himself
- LA Angels: Albert Pujols is everyone's favorite player to watch... right?
- Washington Nationals: If you like a good fast ball, the Nationals have the best pitching staff in the biz.
End of an Era
The Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies are longshots to win this year. What happened? Well, they got old. Derek Jeter is turning 39 years old so you shouldn't expect the Bronx Bombers in the post-season anymore. That means no more rivalries between the Yanks, Sox, and Phillies. It's kinda sad because no one hates each other more than the fans of these teams. Who will be the next greatest rivalries?
So who is your team to beat this year? Who will win the home run derby? Let us know in the comment below...