Taylor Swift Fun Facts!
Country cutie Taylor Swift dominates the country and pop charts, as well as more than just a few hearts, but there's more to this pretty Pennsylvanian than just good tunes. Check out her Kidzworld Fun Facts!
Did You Know...
- Taylor's middle name is Alison
- She was born December 13, 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania
- She can play guitar, banjo, piano, ukulele and electric guitar
- The Swift's know a thing or two about money: her father was a financial advisor and Taylor's mom was a mutual fund marketing exec who worked overseas in Singapore before coming to Texas.
- She grew up on a Christmas tree farm in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- She has a younger brother, Austin
- Her family owned a shetland pony and Quarter horses, and she learned English Riding as a kid and even competed in horse shows
- Always interested in music, she appeared in several musicals as a kid and would travel to New York for voice and acting lessons
- Her father is descended from three generations on bank presidents
- At 11-years-old she won a local talent competition singing LeAnn Rimes' "Big Deal"
- Taylor knew she need to go to Nashville, Tennessee to pursue her musical dreams after watch a Behind the Music special on Faith Hill
- A computer repairman taught her how to play three chords on the guitar when she was 12, and this inspired her to writer her first song "Lucky You"
- She and her family moved to Nashville when she was 14-years-old
- She has 7 Grammy Awards, 11 American Music Awards, and 6 Country Music Association Awards
- She says Shania Twain is her greatest influence, but is also "devoted" to Britney Spears
- Taylor used Myspace to develop her fanbase, which was unheard of in country music at the time
- Her music is categorized as country, pop and rock
- She played a rebellious teen in an episode of CSI in 2009
- In 2013 she appeared in an episode of The New Girl
- In 2012 she voice acted the character of Audrey in The Lorax
- She's a children's literacy advocate and arts educationa dvocate, donating large sums to both causes and has been recognized at the Do Something Awards
- Known for being romantic both in her musical and in real life, Taylor has dated Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, John Mayer, Jake Gyllenhaal, Conor Kennedy and One Direction member Harry Styles
- She has released 4 albums, Taylor Swift, Speak Now, Fearless and Red
- Taylor's mom purposely picked a name that could be for a boy or girl, thinking her daughter might one day go into business
Check out "I Knew You Were Trouble" off Taylor's album Red, below!
(Psst! Rumor has it this song is about Harry Styles!)
Have Your Say
What do you think of Taylor Swift? Let us know in the comments section below.