Destiny's Child Biography
Destiny's Child Members:
- Beyonce Knowles
- Kelly Rowland
- Michelle Williams
- Formerly: LeToya Luckett, LaTavia Robertson, Farrah Franklin
Destiy's Child Gets Its Start
Destiny's Child began when eight-year-old Beyonce Knowles met LaTavia Robertson while auditioning for a kids singing group in Houston. Beyonce Knowles, LaTavia Robertson and LaToya Luckett were later recruited by Music World's Management, Matthew Knowles, who also happens to be Beyonce's father. Kelly Rowland joined the girls in 1992 - the same year they competed in Star Search. Instead of showing off their incredible vocal harmonies on the show, they rapped!
Destiny's Child Gets Their Big Break
Destiny's Child's first album, entitled Destiny's Child, spawned their 1996 hit No, No, No. A few months after the release of thier second album, The Writing's On The Wall, LaTavia Robertson and LeToya Luckett left the group because of problems with their management. They were then replaced by Michelle Williams and dancer Farrah Franklin. But it wasn't long until Farrah Franklin kinda disappeared. Farrah Franklin stopped showing up for promotional stuff and the group announced that she had "moved on."
Despite the revolving members, 1999's The Writing's On the Wall really made people take notice. The CD included popular dance hits like Say My Name, Bills,Bills,Bills and Jumpin' Jumpin'. In 2000, Destiny's Child had a hit on the Charlie's Angels Soundtrack with Independent Woman Part 1 and their success continued with 2001's disc, Survivor.
Destiny's Child - Destiny Fulfilled
After the release of Survivor, the girls took a break from Destiny's Child and recorded albums on their own. Of all three girls, Beyonce's solo career turned out to be the most successful. Her CD, Dangerously in Love, released in 2003, had chart-topping hits like Crazy in Love, Naughty Girl and Baby Boy. Despite her appeal on her own, Beyonce rejoined Kelly and Michelle in 2004 to release another Destiny's Child disc - Destiny Fulfilled.
Destiny's Child - Did U Know?
- The name of the Destiny's Child disc, Survivor, was inspired by a DJ's comments about the band voting each other out, much like the popular CBS show.
- Kelly Rowland is getting married in March 2005 to Dallas Cowboys star, Roy Williams.
- Michelle Williams is set to release her third gospel album around Christmas 2004.
- Beyonce Knowles is classically trained as an opera singer.
Destiny's Child Says...
"There's a line between sexy and nasty, and Destiny's Child is sexy, yes we are, but we're never nasty."
- Beyonce Knowles Biography
- Destiny's Child - Destiny Fulfilled CD Review
- Destiny's Child - 8 Days of Christmas CD Review
- More Celeb Bios...