Beyonce Knowles Biography
Birthdate: September 4, 1981
Birthplace: Houston, Texas
Whatever Beyoncé sets her mind to, whether it's acting, singing, dancing or clothing design, she succeeds at in a big way. We take a look at this legend-in-the-making.
Beyoncé Knowles - Early Life
When she was eight years old, Beyoncé Knowles auditioned for a kids singing group in Houston, Texas and met LaTavia Robertson (who later became a member of Destiny's Child). The two later met Kelly Rowland and LeToya Lucket and formed the group Girl's Tyme. The group went on the compete and lose on Star Search.
Beyoncé Knowles - Hittin' It Big
Girl's Tyme later changed its name to Destiny's Child and Beyoncé Knowles' dad left his high-paying job to become their manager. The girl group was eventually signed to Columbia Records in 1997 and landed a song on The Men in Black soundtrack called Killing Time. Destiny's Child's self-titled debut was a huge success. Destiny's Child's later released, This Is The Remix and Beyonce Knowles' solo debut Dangerously in Love hit store shelves in June 2003. Beyonce released the album Live at Wembley in 2004 and in 2006 she released B'Day.
Beyoncé Knowles - Acting Up
In 2001, Beyoncé Knowles starred in the MTV adaptation of the opera Carmen, A Hip Hopera. In 2002, she played Foxxy Cleopatra in Austin Powers: Goldmember. Since then Beyonce has snagged roles The Fighting Temptations, The Pink Panther and Dreamgirls.
Beyoncé Knowles - Did U Know?
- Destiny's Child (of which Beyoncé Knowles is a founding member) is one of the best-selling girl groups in the world.
- Beyonce Knowles wrote and produced almost every song on Destiny's Child's Survivor CD.
- Destiny's Child's hit song, Emotion, is a remake of a Bee Gees hit from the '70s.
- Kelly Rowland is Beyonce Knowles' cousin.
- Has a stage persona named "Sasha".
- Beyoncé married her long-time boyfriend, rapper/producer Jay-Z in 2008.
- On January 7th, 2012 Beyoncé gave birth to daughter Blue Ivy
Beyonce Knowles Says....
"The meaning of the song is just confidence. Bootylicious doesn't necessarily mean you have to have a big booty. It's all about attitude and feeling good about yourself and not looking like everybody on TV. You do not have to be small you can have some junk in your trunk."
- Destiny's Child Biography
- This is Destiny's Child
- Austin Powers - Groovy Facts, Baby!
- Austin Powers in Goldmember Soundtrack
- More 411 On Your Fave Celebs!