How to Make Your Own Accessories
With all the summer beach parties and BBQs comin' up, you may feel as though you need to spend a lot of dough to buy a ton of new outfits. That's where accessories come in cuz everyone knows that clothes may make the person, but accessories complete the outfit! Since accessories can get pricey, try creating your own unique styles by making them yourself.
Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
Jewelry is an important part of your outfit, so try experimenting with different beads and crystals. You can go funky with eclectic beads for a beach bash, and go classy with pearls for a dinner out with your parents.
- Assorted beads.
- Beading wire (a soft, nylon-coated wire).
- Wire cutters.
1) Measure the length you want for your bracelet or necklace. Then add two inches to that and cut it.
2) Secure one end of the clasp onto the wire, string on the beads and secure the other end of the clasp.
Floral Hair Pin
Even if you're not a celebrity, you can look like one by pinning a floral pin in your hair, just like Paris Hilton does. Try out different colors and types of flowers - wear a white lily in your hair one day and a red rose another day!
1) Cut the stem off a fabric flower.
2) Sew the barette or elastic band to the back of the flower.
3) Decorate the flower as you like.
Leather Wrap Watch
Create a cool new watch by putting a modern twist on an old one. Once you're done, just wrap it around your wrist!
- One 22" strap of leather with tapered ends.
- Two 10" straps of leather.
- An old watch face with top and bottom handles.
- Glue-on rhinestones or metal studs (optional).
1) Tie the two thin strips of leather to the top watch face handle.
2) Loop the straps under the center of the thick leather strap and attach them to the bottom watch face handle.
3) With the watch face secured to the thick leather strap, wrap it around your wrist.
4) If you want to jazz it up, glue rhinestones or metal studs to the leather strap.