InuYasha TV Show Facts
InuYasha is an anime series about Kagome Higurashi, a modern-day teenager who lives by an old Japanese shrine. One day, she falls down an ancient well and is transported back in time to feudal Japan. She meets InuYasha and embarks on a mission to retrieve a precious jewel before their enemy, Naraku, gets his hands on it.
InuYasha - Main Cast
- Kagome Higurashi - Kagome is the reincarnation of Kikyo, an ancient priestess who died while trying to protect the Shikon no Tama (Jewel of the Four Souls). Now, as Kagome tries to protect the Shikon, she accidentally shatters it and must find all the pieces before the other demons do.
- InuYasha - InuYasha is half-human, half-dog demon. He has strong demon-like strength and claws, but possesses a human heart. Kagome can control him by saying, "Sit!" which sends him face-first into the ground!
- Shippo - Shippo is a young, innocent fox demon who doesn't like to fight. He has shape-shifting abilities, but is relatively weak.
- Miroku - Due to Naraku's curse, Miroku has a black hole in his right hand that enlarges over time. Even though he's a Buddhist monk, he's got a weakness for women.
- Naraku - Naraku, which means "hell" in Japanese, is the most evil character in the show. He's a powerful half-demon, but can become a full demon if he can just get the Shikon.
InuYasha - Fun Facts
- When InuYasha began airing in November 1996, one of the most enthusiastically discussed subjects was the length of Kagome's skirt.
- After 167 episodes, the anime show ended and the conclusion of the story was released in manga (Japanese comic books).
- InuYasha has also been made into four movies.
- Popular Japanese singers, like Namie Amuro and V6, are featured on the soundtrack of the series.
- InuYasha Trading Card Game
- Teen Titans TV Show Facts
- Xiaolin Showdown TV Show Facts
- More Cartoon Fun Facts!