Dakota Fanning Biography
Birthdate: February 23, 1994
Birthplace: Conyers, GA
Birthname: Hannah Dakota Fanning
Dakota Fanning - Child Star
She may only be 11 years old, but Dakota Fanning has more acting experience under her belt than most peeps twice her age. It was apparent from a very young age that Dakota wasn't like the other kids. She learned to read when she was just two years old, and would put on elaborate skits at home for her parents - including one where she would pretend to give birth to her baby sister! At the suggestion of some friends, Dakota's parents took her out to LA to see if she was suited to be a film star.
Dakota Fanning - Movie Star Maven
From the time that Dakota made her movie debut in the flick Tomcats, she hasn't slowed down. In 2001, Dakota wowed the world as Sean Penn's daughter in I Am Sam, which earned her a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination and a Broadcast Film Critics Association award for Best Young Actor! All this and she was just eight years old. She's since been featured in a ton of big flicks like Uptown Girls with Brittany Murphy and Cat in the Hat, alongside funnyman Mike Myers. 2005 is going to be another big year for Dakota Fanning, who you can catch in Hide and Seek, Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds and her latest flick, Dreamer - due in theaters October 21, 2005!
Dakota Fanning - Did U Know?
- Dakota Fanning's younger sister, Elle Fanning, is also an actor. You can catch her in the family flick, Because of Winn-Dixie.
- Dakota's favorite movies include Gone with the Wind, Titanic and Steel Magnolias.
- Dakota Fanning is home-schooled.
- Dakota's first acting gig was in a Tide commercial when she was five.
Dakota Fanning Says...
"Acting is what I love to do. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I don't think of it as work. It's really fun for me. And home-schooling works out perfectly."
"I like everything perfect. Everything has to be neat. My sister is 5, and she's more messy than I am. I make my bed every morning, everything's perfect. My shoes are all arranged. It's sad."
Check out this voice session of Dakota Fanning with Terri Hatcher from the hit movie Coraline!
- War of the Worlds Movie Review
- Cat in the Hat Movie Review Starring Dakota Fanning
- Because of Winn-Dixie Movie Review Starring Elle Fanning
- Brittany Murphy Biography
- More Great Facts on Your Fave Stars!