Christmas Shoebox Project
There may be a lot of presents with your name on them under the Christmas tree, but there are millions of kids around the world who have never received gifts because they are victims of war, poverty, disease and natural disasters. Why don't you send some Christmas cheer to some of these kids in need this holiday season by sending them a shoebox full of gifts? Find out what the Christmas Shoebox Project is all about!
Christmas Shoebox Project - A Little Box Goes a Long Way
The Christmas Shoebox Project packs some Christmas spirit into shoeboxes for kids around the world. Shoeboxes are filled with goodies like toys, games, books, stationery and clothes, and then sent to needy children in places such as Africa, India and the Philippines. Over the past 10 years, 24 million shoeboxes have been filled and delivered, making it the world's biggest children's Christmas project!
Christmas Shoebox Project - How to Pack Your Shoebox
- Find an empty shoebox. You don't have to wrap it, but it would be a nice festive touch! Just make sure you wrap the shoebox lid separately so that the contents can be checked.
- Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or girl, and then choose an age category - two - four, five - nince, or 10-14.
- Attach a label to the top of the shoebox and write down the age group and if it's for a boy or girl.
- Fill your shoebox with stuff like books, school supplies, hats and T-shirts, hygiene items (like a toothbrush, toothpaste and a bar of soap), or toys (dolls, balls, small cars, stuffed animals). If your toy requires batteries, then throw 'em in the box too. You can also add a personal note and a photo of yourself so the child who receives your shoebox will know who it's from!
- Don't include anything that's used, damaged, breakable, or perishable (like fruit).
- Once you've filled your shoebox, drop it off at your school or a local charity.
Christmas Shoebox Project - Did U Know?
- Every US president since Ronald Reagan has packed a Christmas shoebox!
- West 49 Coats for Kids Charity
- Plan a Toy Drive
- Get Involved at Gift Wrap Centers
- More Great Ways to Volunteer!