Get Involved - Gift Wrap Centers
The malls are bustling with people and brightly-wrapped presents are starting to appear beneath Christmas trees - 'tis the season! Get involved in your school and community by volunteering at a gift wrap center - it's not too late!
Gift Wrap Centers - What Are They?
Around the holidays, gift wrap centers are set up in shopping malls and community centers. They are often run by non-profit organizations like the Red Cross or school groups like band and sports teams to aid in funding new uniforms or field trips. Customers often pay by donation, depending on the size of the gifts they need wrapped.
Gift Wrap Centers - Get Involved
Talk to a teacher and your students council about starting a gift wrap centre in your community. Decide whether you'll fundraise for a school group, donate the money to a local charity or do a combination of the two. Local shopping malls and community centers are often very accommodating and like to support charities and students by lending their space. If there are a number of groups at your school who would like to be involved, organize a schedule so that each group runs the center for one or two days.
Gift Wrap Centers - What You'll Need
You will need wrapping paper, ribbons, gift tags, tape and scissors. Make some calls to party supply stores and wholesalers who are likely to have the best prices. A teacher or parent should be in charge of the money, and you'll have to borrow some tables from the mall or your school. Last but definately not least, you'll need volunteers - lots of them!
Gift Wrap Centers - Add To Your Resume!
Whether you're helping out or starting your own, volunteering your time at a gift wrap center will help you in the long-run. Not only are you supporting a worthwhile cause, you'll have something to add to your resume which will show potential employers that you are motivated, generous and responsible. It just goes to show that hard work pays off in the end.
Gift Wrap - Did U Know?
- This holiday season, consumers are expected to spend approximately $265 billion dollars in the United States and Canada.
- More than 50% of Christmas wrapping paper is sold in the last two weeks before Christmas.
- Over 90% of all gift wrap sold is bought by women.
- Plus Mark, a gift wrap producer, makes enough paper in a year to go around the earth more than 24 times!
- This year, some of the hottest gift wrap designs are Spiderman, Hello Kitty and SpongeBob!
- Kidzworld Top ToyCountdown
- Toy Drives
- Christmas Gift Ideas For Your Guy
- Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
- More Work It Info!