Elise Primavera Biography
Elise Primavera has been making her mark in children's fiction for almost 20 years. Now she's ready to take on another big challenge with the release of her very first novel. Get the goods on the author of The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls.
Elise Primavera - Colorful Beginnings
Elise Primavera never thought she would be a writer when she grew up. As a child, she loved to draw, zooming through How-To books one summer as she recovered from being quite sick. Her passion for drawing led her to fashion illustration in college, but upon graduating she quickly realized that her craft was going to be a hard one to turn into a real career.
Elise Primavera - From Illustrator to Writer
When Elise's search for a job in fashion illustration proved fruitless, she decided to set her sights on something completely different - children's books. Her change in focus has proved to be a good move since she's been churning out illustrations and books of her own for close to twenty years now!
Elise Primavera - Gumm Street Secrets
After years of success with children's picture books, as both an illustrator and author, Elise has made the leap into novel writing. Her first full-length novel is called The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls and revolves around four mortal enemies who have to team up to fight a wicked witch who's bent on stealing a magical pair of Ruby Slippers (yup, the same ones from The Wizard of Oz!).
Elise Primavera - Did U Know?
- Elise Primavera illustrated the award winning picture book Raising Dragons, written by Jerdine Nolen.
- Elise Primavera's christmas book, Auntie Claus, was used as a window theme for Saks Fifth Avenue in New York in 1999.
- Elise Primavera wrote an Auntie Claus sequel in 2002 called Auntie Claus and the Key to Christmas.
- Elise Primavera lives in New Jersey.
- Elise Primavera is already working on a Gumm Street Girls sequel.
Elise Primavera Says...
"Ideas are living things--have respect for them and give them time to grow. Let them lead you."