Movie Theater Snacks Fun Facts
Everyone loves the thrills, laughs and high emotion of a movie but there's a lot more to the movie theater experience than that. There's the hot, buttery popcorn, the cups of Coke that you could practically swim in, and who could forget that neon orange nacho cheese? We're taking a look at the snacks that put the mmmmm in movies.
Movie Concession Foods - Big Money in those Munchies
There's a good reason that movie theater managers usually don't let you bring in outside snacks - they make big cash selling expensive goodies of their own. In fact, theaters make more money selling snacks and drinks than they do selling tickets. It's as if they're in the candy business and only show movies to get you into their store!
Movie Concession Foods - A Tasty Tradition
Movies and munchies have gone hand in hand for generations but the history of America's favorite theater snack - popcorn - goes back even farther. The oldest ears of popcorn ever found were discovered in west central New Mexico in 1948 and 1950. The oldest ears are about 5,000 years old. European settlers who came to North America quickly jumped on the popcorn bandwagon and it became a favorite movie snack during World War II, when sugar rations made it difficult to get candy.
Movie Concession Foods - Did U Know?
- Junior Mints were named after a radio show starring Shirley Temple called Junior Miss.
- The average American eats nearly 70 quarts of popcorn a year.
- There are more than 15 million Junior Mints produced every day.
- The first words Mickey Mouse ever said was "Hot Dogs!"
- More than one billion Coca-Cola products are consumed every day.
- Movie Theater History
- Memorable Movie Quotes
- The Evolution of Photgraphy
- How Popcorn Pops
- More Movie Fun Facts