Mega Man ZX Advent :: DS Game Review
Mega Man returns with more bosses to battle, more powers to gain and multiplayer! Here’s our review of this new game.
After being woken up from the mother of all naps and given mysterious transforming powers by a hunk of metal, it's action and adventure time in Mega Man ZX Advent. With mad robots on the loose, a pack of friendly mercenaries, a plot to take over the world and over a dozen levels full of bad guys, this new Mega Man game is ready to rock! Or is it? Gary put it to the test and here's his game review.
What's Going On?
Mega Man Advent ZX lets you pick one of two characters to start the adventure, each one is a bit different but the adventure is 90% the same. You end up fighting your way through level after level to challenge a boss at the end - gaining their power and using it to keep battling as you try to figure out who's behind everything. It's a classic 2D platformer with lots of jumping and blasting mixed with all the crazy boss powers you get to use. There are also some ho-hum mini-games and a bit of multiplayer fun for you and a friend.
Mega Action and Adventure!
Mega Man has always been about gaining the powers of the bosses you battle and in this one you also take on their forms! From bizarre powers like a fish that stops time to a ghost ninja robot (W00T!) and more, it's a ton of fun once you've unlocked a handful of abilities. It's also hard enough that beating a level really feels awesome.
The biggest problem with this game is that unless you like getting creamed, clobbered, beat up and stomped on, it's going to be frustrating because it's really hard. And then, when you've finally mastered beating the bosses, you can only re-battle them once! Blargh!
If you want to test your gaming skills with a game that's a lot of fun, Mega Man ZX Advent is awesome! It's a bit rough on casual gamers though so watch out. Either way, gaining all the crazy boss forms and powers is a lot of fun and the multiplayer options are a bonus.
- Gain the powers of bosses you beat!
- Hook up with a friend for multiplayer action.
- Explore the game world and choose the order of the bosses you battle.
- Play as two characters for slightly different powers and stories.
- You'll get your butt kicked.
- You can only re-battle bosses once. Why not over and over?!?
Available for: DS.
- Mega Man ZX DS Game Cheats: Codes and Boss Secrets
- Mega Man Powered Up: PSP Video Game Review
- Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge for the GBA
- Mega Man X Collection Gamecube and PS2 Game Cheats
- Get More Action-Packed Video Game Reviews Here!