Mandy Moore Biography
Birthdate: April 10, 1984
Birthplace: Nashua, New Hampshire
Mandy Moore - Music Maker
Mandy Moore didn't get her start in the Mickey Mouse Club, like many of her pop peers. However, after being born in New Hampshire, she moved pretty close to Disney World, in Orlando, with her fam. Mandy Moore realized her passion for singing and acting after attending a musical theater camp when she was nine. Moore started getting gigs singing The Star Spangled Banner at sporting events around Florida, which earned her the nicknamed "The National Anthem Girl."
Mandy Moore - Making Music
Mandy Moore's first time in a recording studio involved doing voiceovers and commercials, but it wasn't long until Mandy snagged a contract with Sony Music. It happened in 1999, when Mandy was just 15. Later that year, Mandy Moore released her first album, So Real, and had a hit with the song Candy. Mandy Moore released her second CD I Wanna Be With You in 2000 - a combination of all the songs from So Real and five new songs. In June of 2001, Mandy proved she's more than a flash in the pan with her third album, Mandy Moore and she released a fourth album, Coverage, in October 2003, but because of low sales, Mandy was dropped by her label. She has since signed with a new label and will release a fifth album in May 2007.
Mandy Moore - The Actress
Mandy Moore's music career may have hit a slump, but she was lucky enough to have an acting career to fall back on. Mandy Moore had a bit part in the 2001 hit, The Princess Diaries, and then landed the lead in the 2002 teen flick A Walk to Remember. Since then, she's appeared How to Deal, Chasing Liberty, American Dreamz, and as a voice in Brother Bear II. Most recently, Mandy starred opposite Diane Keaton in the romantic comedy Because I Said So.
Mandy Moore - Did U Know?
- Mandy Moore's full name is Amanda Leigh Moore.
- Mandy Moore has size 10 feet and is 5'10" tall.
- Mandy Moore has previously dated Wilmer Valderama and Zach Braff. She also used to date tennis ace Andy Roddick. Andy broke up with Mandy in March 2004 cuz he couldn't handle her Hollywood lifestyle.
- Mandy Moore has admitted to suffering from depression following her break-up with Scrubs star, Zach Braff.
- Mandy Moore is currently dating Nicole Richie's ex, DJ AM.
Mandy Moore Says...
"You shouldn't send that message out, that tight clothes are what get you the attention. If it works for them, fine. But, it's not for me."
- Because I Said So Movie Review
- A Walk to Remember DVD Review
- Chasing Liberty DVD Review
- More Celebrity Bios, News and Interviews