Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour
Disney, Panasonic, and Blu-ray toured North America, showing the world what Blu-ray High Definition is all about. Kidzworld took a closer look.
Walt Disney once said, "If you can dream it, you can do it." Just as Disneyland has long been known as the place where dreams come true, Disney's unmatched collection of classic movies truly define what dreams are made of. Whether it's the dream of being swept off your feet by Prince Charming, or exploring the wonders at the bottom of the ocean, Disney has always had you covered, and now they're giving you even more!
Disney, Panasonic, and Blu-Ray have teamed up to show off their latest dream-maker, powerful Blu-ray technology. On Disney's Magical Blu-ray Tour, representatives for Disney, Panasonic, and Blu-ray traveled North America wowing crowds with everything Blu-ray has to offer. From presentations demonstrating Blu-ray's incredible sound and picture quality, to interactive demos and games, no one left the experience without being thoroughly impressed. Watching Finding Nemo in Blu-ray High Definition on a 50 inch Panasonic plasma is truly a mind-blowing experience, and interactive Ratatouille and Pirates of the Caribbean games and features proved just what the new technology is capable of.
The partnership's goal is give the entire family an unparalleled entertainment experience. Emma Roberts, the Disney representative on tour, summed it up nicely when she said, "You see everything that the director wanted you to see." Just like DVD technology surpassed CDs, Blu-Ray will eventually be the rule, rather than the exception, as more families switch to HD Plasma TVs from Panasonic or buy Sony's Playstation 3, which has Blu-Ray players built in. Like Walt Disney said, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, doing new things because we are curious, and curiousity keeps leading us down new paths." The bottom line is that Blu-ray is set to revolutionize how you watch and experience movies.
The 411 on Blu-Ray
- The term Blu-ray is derived from the blue laser used to read and write the disc, unlike standard DVDs which use a red laser.
- Pristine Picture - Delivers HD picture in 1920 by 1080p resolution, which is six times the resolution of DVD.
- Superior Sound - Delivers HD sound up to 7.1 channels of surround and 32 streams of audio.
- Next Generation Interactivity - Advanced menus offer seamless navigation of features while the movie is still playing.
- Unsurpassed Capacity - A Blu-ray disc holds up to 50 GB which is more than five times the capacity of a DVD and 66.67% more than an HD-DVD per layer.
- Compatibility - Backwards compatible to play all standard DVDs.
- Durability - Has a special hard coat layer on the disc to protect from scratches and damage.